An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and compassionate midwife to join our senior midwifery team providing clinical, operational and managerial leadership to the labour ward and triage .
We are looking for a midwife with previous management or team leadership experience , who has the enthusiasm and commitment for delivering excellence in clinical care. Approximately 4,700 babies are born at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust each year improving the quality, safety and experience of women and birthing people.
The postholder will work closely with the multidisciplinary team to ensure safe, personalised care that is responsive to feedback from women and birthing people.
The postholder will work collaboratively with the Matrons, Consultant Midwife and Lead Midwife for clinical governance and quality to provide seamless pathways of care and ensure a positive safety and team culture. You will have the opportunity as part of our multi- disciplinary maternity team to lead service developments and improvements.Main duties of the job
The post holder will ensure the provision of excellent professional and managerial leadership to the Community Midwifery and Birth centres teams.
Work collaboratively with the Head of Midwifery and other key stakeholders to lead the management of change within the area, in line with the local and national transformation programmes to meet the needs of the local population in line with key objectives outlined national policy documents and enhance integration between maternity and children and young people's services.About us
Listen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce. Why work for us?
We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.Person SpecificationEducation,qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Registered Midwife
- MSPP/ENB 997
- First Degree or equivalent
- Evidence of further continued professional development
- Management and leadership training
- awareness and knowledge of vulnerable adult and child protection issues
- 5 years relevant post registration experience
- NIPE trained
- Masters Degree or Evidence of Level 7
- has had experience of organisation and management of a ward or team
- Experience as a mentor
- Appraisal Experience
- knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures
- understanding of risk management processes
- awareness and knowledge of Audit ,Quality and Service improvement
Skills Knowledge and AbilityEssential
- previous experience of working in a community setting
- communicates openly and honestly professionally promoting team working and building strong working relationships
- good time managment skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Managerial and leadership ability
- Good verbal and written communication skills to enable liaison with patients, relatives and multi-disciplinary team and to produce concise written reports and notes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- ability to write detailed reports
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
stoke Mandeville hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.