Department: Academic Unit for Ageing and Stroke Research
Location: Bradford Institute for Health Research on the Bradford Royal Infirmary Site, Bradford
Contract: 2 posts available - Fixed term contract for 24 months in the first instance with likelihood of extension. Full-time 37.5 hours per week, part-time minimum 30 hours per week can be considered. Job Summary
The Academic Unit for Ageing and Stroke Research (ASR) is seeking to recruit two enthusiastic, highly organised and motivated Research Fellows to bring further qualitative expertise to our portfolio of research. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading research centre in an exciting role to implement high quality health and social care research addressing the needs of older people and survivors of stroke.
The successful applicant will be educated to post-graduate level e.g. Masters or equivalent experience/qualification in a health or health research related subject, and have experience in undertaking and analysing qualitative research. Experience of working in an NHS /academic setting would be advantageous.Main duties of the job
We are looking to recruit two researchers with expertise in qualitative research methodologies to support delivery of two new research project grants:
- A Dunhill Medical Trust funded project exploring digital exclusion in older people.
- A National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) funded project investigating inequalities in overprescribing of medications for older people with severe frailty and care home residents.
The post-holder will take a particular focus on one of the two projects, contributing to implementing the qualitative research components as well as providing support to other existing studies on the ASR research portfolio. The qualitative work may involve conducting observations in an acute care and community setting and ability to organise, implement and analyse interviews/focus groups and workshops with older people, caregivers and staff. Our research is implemented locally and nationally so some travel to other sites will be required.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.
Closing date may change dependent on the response
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Dr Rebecca Hawkins (email@example.com).Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience of effective multi-disciplinary team working
- Experience of conducting qualitative interviews
- Experience of analysing and interpreting qualitative data
- Experience of conducting qualitative observations
- Experience of conducting research in an NHS /academic setting
- Experience of qualitative software packages (e.g. NVivo)
- Experience of conducting qualitative research with older people, professionals, carers and/or ethnic minority groups.
- Experience of conducting thematic analysis and / or discourse analysis
- Experience of facilitating co-production workshops
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Effective organisational skills
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Specialist knowledge of qualitative research techniques
- Knowledge of the literature on ageing research
- Knowledge of case study and/or ethnography
- Knowledge of implementation theories
- Knowledge of behavioural change approaches
- Educated to post-graduate level or equivalent experience in a health or health research related subject
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Research qualification or equivalent experience
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.