Our Assessment and Treatment Service role is based at Chanctonbury Building in Worthing and we are currently looking for Bank Band 6 Practitioner - Registered Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Community Mental Health Nurse or Social Worker are all encouraged to apply.
If successful in your application to work in our Assessment and Treatment Service your role would consist of looking at referrals and deciding whether an assessment is required. Where assessment is required you would be working as part of the multi-disciplinary team undertaking assessments of patients with complex mental health needs developing care and recovery plans in collaboration with the patients and their families/carers.
Our bank nurses can also support teams across the Trust, in inpatient units as well as community teams so this is the perfect opportunity for anyone who needs a flexible role or who is interested in working within a variety of services.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be an autonomous practitioner who will carry continuing responsibility for a defined caseload of service users by undertaking the following duties:
- To undertake assessments of individuals and their families in the designated care group with complex health presentations, including those service users presenting with higher levels of risk. To develop alongside the service user their care plan.
- To offer specialist clinical assessment and advice where required.
- To assess and manage on going risks as identified during the assessment, ensuring that this is done in collaboration with the service user and carers.
- To regularly review risk Social Worker factors and make changes to the management of them as necessary.
- To participate in the planning, development and evaluation of profession specific and local multi-professional services.
- To ensure that clinical practice is evidence based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and Trust policies and procedures.
- To provide supervision of junior staff and trainees where appropriate.
- To act within the relevant professional code of conduct at all times.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust are a large Mental health trust looking to add Registered Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Community Mental Health Nurse or Social Worker to our Bank Team. The Sussex Partnership Bank is a dedicated flexible team providing the highest level of healthcare support across all wards and departments.
In return for your skills and expertise we can offer you continued training and development, variety and a rewarding challenge and the opportunity to work within a friendly and supportive team. You will receive high quality supervision, support and training to further develop your skills and experience in a community mental health setting working as part of a large integrated MDT supporting people with a wide range of complex mental health conditions and needs.
There will be opportunities to work over a 24/7 rota which includes weekend and bank holidays.
People with a lived experience of mental health issues are strongly encouraged to apply. Please see an example of shift times offered across the Trust:
Please be aware the Trust do not offer sponsorship for Temporary Staffing (Bank), therefore applicants without the right to work in the UK will not be accepted. Should this vacancy receive a high number of applications, the vacancy may be closed earlier than the closing date stated so don't delay and apply today. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Day: 07:00 - 19:30, 07:00 - 21:00
- Night: 19:00 - 07:30, 20:30 - 07:30
You must be able to deliver a high standard of nursing care using excellent communication and relationship skills supporting patients, family and carers whilst providing clinical leadership to the team and acting as a primary nurse for patients on the ward.
You will liaise and work alongside other teams and professionals to ensure the effective discharge of patients whilst adopting a flexible approach to hours of duty meeting the needs of the service over a 24-hour period.
- Work with the multi-disciplinary team to establish and deliver a therapeutic programme of care for our patients.
- Report patients condition to qualified staff.
- Document care delivery in patients notes.
- Implement individual patient care plans
- Participate in meetings, training and other work related forums.
Full Job Description Attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of MHA (1983/2007).
- Knowledge of Mental Capacity Act (2005), to include practical knowledge of FACE documentation, DOLS and Best Interest decisions.
- Child and Adult safe guarding procedures.
- Change management, organising and prioritising workloads
- Demonstrate ability to enhance care through evidence based knowledge
- Demonstrate professional development relevant to the care group.
- Demonstrates ability to assess and manage clinical risk
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Swandean, Arundel Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.