Bedfordshire Community Health Services are looking for a Band 7 Podiatrist who is passionate and committed to providing high quality care in high risk and MSK to join our team in Bedfordshire.
Our Podiatry service is a diverse, supportive and innovative team and our work has been included in 3 national guides published by NHS England and NHS Benchmarking. This has included :-
Collaborative care home training project tackling pressure ulcer prevention and diabetic foot disease
Diabetes transformation reducing amputations and bed nights,
The role of podiatry in primary care.
As an organisation we take AHP development seriously and live the trust values of we care, we respect, we are inclusive.
We have a strong emerging AHP strategy supporting clinical preceptorship, and development to improve staff experience.
You will receive clinical monitoring and supervision, clinical rotations and competency support and sign of.Main duties of the job
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our Community Podiatry team.
We provide High Risk, Musculoskeletal, Rheumatology and Paediatric clinics as well as Nail Surgery to our service users.
As a service we also provide MDT input for acute diabetic foot complications at the Bedford & Luton & Dunstable hospital sites.
We have an evolving and expanding foot protection service including specialist vascular assessment, access to non medical prescribers, well developed and established education packages providing structured education and diabetes support to the Diabetic population, primary care and community nursing.
We are also excited and proud to be developing ACP's in our team who will provide a clinical resource to the ever growing complexity of patients we are treating.About us
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve.
Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy for further information.Person SpecificationEducation/ Qualification/ TrainingEssential
- HCPC Registered Podiatrist
- BSc/BSc (Hons) or Diploma in Podiatry or equivalent qualification
- Local Analgesia Certificate
- Minor surgical skills
- Evidence of CPD
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Presenting skills to a wide audience using a variety of techniques.
- Experience of MDfT working and leading patient care
- Previous clinical experience in secondary NHS care
- Relevant experience of working with acute diabetic foot conditions
- MSK experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to evaluate and assess situations and tasks relating to patient treatment and diagnosis and formulate appropriate strategies and solutions
- Ability to prioritise competing demands for attention to provide best care available to all patients on case load, which may involve changing plans where necessary.
- Ability to provide highly specialised diabetic assessment and wound care
- Ability to plan and operate day to day delivery of defined clinical service at team lead level.
- Ability to use MS office or similar internet and e-mail
- Ability to use patient information system to input data
- Ability to provide MSK assessment and management skills
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kempston Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.