Charles Pannett Ward is based at St Mary's Hospital and is a 24 bedded Acute Surgical Ward. We specialize in providing high quality care to patients undergoing general and specialist emergency surgery. Becoming a nurse on Charles Pannett Ward means you will get experience, skills and competence within General, Trauma, Orthopaedics, Vascular and Plastics specialities. You will become an expert in clinical skills such as Parental Nutrition, PCAs, Epidurals, VAC Dressings and Tracheostomy care.
As the UK's first Academic Health Science Centre, we combine the healthcare expertise of our people with the academic excellence of Imperial College London. It means we can bring the benefits of cutting-edge research to patients faster than ever before.
We welcome applications from both experienced and newly qualified nurses. Due to the strong support networks in place and the comprehensive nature of the development programme, this opportunity is suited to both nurses at the beginning of their career journey and for those looking for development within the specialty. With the collaboration of the Ward Matron and Clinical Practice Educator, we have a strong focus on developing our staff.Main duties of the job
- Providing high quality, effective, individualised nursing care to patients requiring Level 2 care across all three sites by assessing their needs and developing, implementing and evaluating care plans without supervision.
- Maintaining accurate clinical observations of patients, including arterial BP and CVP.
- Assisting in the teaching and development of nursing assistants and students, helping them to achieve their learning outcomes.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community. Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location. As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required.
For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NMC Registered Nurse with a BLS qualification
- Medication administration skills, including IV drug administration (or a willingness to undergo training)
- Good clinical skills and a commitment developing them further
- A knowledge of care planning, preceptorship, reflection and clinical supervision
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Six months' recent postregistration experience in an acute or critical care setting
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.