An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Nursing within Children and Young People's services at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board.We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and forward thinking Head of Nursing to join and lead the team.The post holder will provide leadership and clinical expertise to the children & young people teams across a range of services within Cwm Taf Morgannwg.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be based within the Children and Families Care Group within Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board as the Head of Nursing
The post holder is responsible in conjunction with the Director of Midwifery & Nursing for the Children and Families Care Group for the quality and patient experience of services within the appropriate Directorate ensuring optimum standards of patient care via the effective and efficient management of human, financial and physical resources aligned to the principles of Value Based Healthcare.
The post holder will lead on a portfolio of work identified by the Care Group Midwifery & Nurse Director, with a focus on quality improvement and innovation, care standards, learning and patient experience across the Directorate supported by the Senior Nursing & Midwifery Team.
The post holder will be a key senior member of the Directorate working closely with the management team, playing a key role in the, development of services and service improvement to include Health & Social care integration. The post holder will have a key responsibility for the delivery of the Quality agenda within the Directorate.
The post holder will provide nursing leadership and expert nursing advice and will work closely with the Care Group Midwifery & Nurse Director to ensure that a high standard of patient care is delivered.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Support the Care Group Midwifery & Nurse Director in workload management, workforce planning and modernisation for the nursing profession. Ensure that nurse staffing level meets the requirements of the All Wales Nurse Staffing Act and service specific standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for the implementation of relevant regulatory and advisory guidance from within the specialist field of practice.
- Responsible for monitoring effective deployment of the nursing resource to maintain quality and safe patient care using professional judgement and triangulated methodology.
- Provide specialist (Speciality specific) information to the Care Group Midwifery & Nurse Director and to other colleagues across the organisation and partner agencies.
- Responsible for providing opportunities to engage the public in service development and monitoring of patient satisfaction such as Patient Reported Experience Measures (PREMS)/Patient Reported Outcomes Measures (PROMS).
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for changing services through innovation, improvement, redesign, job enrichment/enlargement as a result of changes in policies.
- To participate in multi-disciplinary/multi-agency forums to enhance closer working relationships including the 3rd sector.
- Responsible for raising the profile and promoting the Nursing Service within the Children & Families Care Group, inside and outside the University Health Board.
- Works with the Care Group Midwifery & Nurse Director and senior team to build and maintain strong influential relationships with colleagues, staff and internal and external stakeholders to enable the service to develop a culture of collaborative working and a commitment to delivering quality services and outcomes for patients, ensuring the patients voice is heard in all key activities.
- MSc and/ or equivalent clinical experience that recognises highly developed and complex levels of knowledge
- Ability to analyse complex problems and to develop practical and workable solutions to address them
- Experience of SLAs and contractual working
- Experience of managing other staff groups
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Managing a cross site, complex function
- Experience of managing a budget
- Experience of implementing Evidence Based Practice
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Prince Charles Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.