IM& TS379 Salary Scale:
Band 5 (�28,407 - �34,581 depending on experience) Hours:
37.5 hours per week Contract:
This post may be asked to contribute to the 24 hours on call commitment of IM& T Services for which additional payments apply.
The provision of PACS and RIS maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the systems or to service delivery functions. Support typically includes investigation and resolution of issues and may also include system performance monitoring. Issues may be resolved by providing advice or training to users, by devising corrections (permanent or temporary) for faults, making general or site-specific modifications, updating documentation, manipulating data, or defining enhancements. Support often involves close collaboration with the system's developers and/or with colleagues specialising in different areas, such as Database administration or Network support.
The post holder will provide IT Support for the PACS and RIS systems, contributing to the smooth running of the OUH Radiology services.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be required to maintain and support PACS/RIS processes and checks, ensuring that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. This will include using IT applications and management software/tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
The post-holder will also be required to respond to support requests by providing information to enable incident resolution and promptly allocate unresolved support requests as appropriate, maintaining accurate records of action taken and advice provided.About us
Information Management and Technology Services (IM& T Services) provide support to Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust users as well as to several other Health organisations across Oxfordshire. This involves supporting over 13,000 workstations and printers, circa 18,000 staff users of systems, and over 1200 servers (over 85% virtual). During 2022, IM& T Services responded to 122,000 calls and were involved in multiple projects.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post-holder will be required to:
Please refer to the full job description and person specification when making your application. Person SpecificationPersonal AttributesEssential
- Receive and log support tickets from the help desk and other delivery staff and/or users. Support tickets will need to be prioritized in accordance with agreed criteria and the needs of the organisation.
- Investigate issues and other requests for support, determining the appropriate action to take.
- Provide advice and guidance to less experienced colleagues where required.
- Monitor the progression of support tickets and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed, taking corrective action to avoid delays.
- Accept new releases of applications and software from systems development staff or software suppliers.
- Interpret technical or procedure manuals on the behalf of non-technical users and provide routine training in the normal usage of systems, products and services, providing information on the full range of capabilities.
- Work with all members of IM& TS and the Radiology department to delivery a high level of service to users of the PACS/RIS systems.
- Carry out clerical administration of patient records, reports and booking events onto RIS/PACS, including the addition of new records, maintenance of examination appointment letters, and investigation of PACS/RIS system errors.
- Provides day to day system administration and support, including data backups, data restore, and site surveys.
- Plays an active role regarding the merging of records, unlinking accounts and creating, validating and recording new ODS and user accounts, ensuring GMC codes are valid.
- Calm under pressure
- Well organised
- Logical and analytical
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Highly motivated
- Able to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Patient and sympathetic
- Ability to multi-task
Communication and Relationship SkillsEssential
- Mediation skills
- Ability to understand the underlying issues in complex problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts or previous experience
- Ability to relate appropriately to various professional groups both within and outside the Trust
- Good verbal and written communication
- Good team working skills
- Forward thinking and able to propose process improvements
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Good understanding of customer and supplier relationships
- Ability to apply one to one tuition for users as appropriate
- Ability to apply/relay Trust policies
- Presentation skills
- Ability to produce concise and accurate documentation
- Backup and data archiving software
- ITIL Foundation in IT Service Management
- Microsoft Office
- TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS
- PC and peripheral desktop hardware
- Anti-virus and spyware solutions
- Current and historical Windows OS
- Knowledge of the IT infrastructure (hardware, databases, operating systems)
- Information acquisition - identify gaps to solve problems
- Picture Archiving Systems (PACS) for Radiology
- Radiology Information Systems (RIS)
- Image Transfer Systems e.g. IEP
- Radiology modality equipment e.g. CT, MRI
- Radiology reporting workstations
- Systems, LAN and IT applications and service
- Network technologies
- Wireless technologies
- Remote access
- Experience of supporting a large multi-site IT infrastructure
- Customer service
- Relevant organisation experience
- GCSE 'C' grade or equivalent in English and Maths
- NVQ level 2 in Contact Centre Customer Service
- Degree in IT related subject or significant relevant experience
- IT industry qualifications
- May be required to work out of hours
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Driver with access to transport
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.