A fixed term opportunity has arisen with the Paediatric Dietetic Team at Cambridge University NHS Foundation Trust. This is within the Paediatric Gastroenterology Sub Group. The role will cover a wide range of tertiary Gastroenterology Inpatients and Outpatients with one of the two roles available having a greater focus on Intestinal Failure and Home Parenteral Nutrition and the other on Inpatient Eating Disorders management. These roles are well established within the Paediatric Gastroenterology MDT and regional service. You will be joining a diverse and stimulating team of 25 Paediatric Dietitians providing excellent specialist care to children and young people cared for by the Addenbrooke's Women's and Children's Division. You will possess good Paediatric Dietetic experience, including the areas of complex enteral feeding, nutrition support, management of IBD, coeliac disease and other gastroenterology disorders. Experience in the management of eating disorders, refeeding syndrome, parenteral nutrition and/or intestinal failure would be an advantage. These posts would ideally suit a Specialist Dietitian looking to advance their skills and knowledge within this area including all aspects of Gastroenterology and Parenteral Nutrition. The roles include service development, education and training as well as supporting junior members of staff. As there are two roles available, please highlight your area of interest within your application.Main duties of the jobAs a member of the Paediatric Dietetic Team (Gastroenterology Sub Group), provide very highly specialised dietetic support to Inpatients and Outpatients. To provide leadership, direction and training to the MDT and wider Nursing / Medical / Paediatric Dietetic Teams responsible for the management of this patient group, including Ward and Emergency Department staff, Mental Health Services and other external Units / agencies as appropriate. Participate in relevant research, audit and development projects and provide expertise within a multidisciplinary environment. To work within a multi-professional framework and contribute to a quality service through evidence based clinical practice, management, education, research and audit. To set and work towards individual and team objectives that reflect corporate plans and work within the clinical governance framework.About usOur Trust
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) NHS Foundation Trust comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital in Cambridge. With over 11000 staff and over 1100 beds the priorities of the Trust focus on a quality service which is all about people - patients, staff and partners. Recognised as providing 'outstanding' care to our patients and rated 'Good' overall by the Care Quality Commissioner, is testament to the skill and dedication of the people who work here. CUH's values - Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent - are at the heart of patient care, defining the way all staff work and behave. The Trust provides accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge, together with specialist services, dealing with rare or complex conditions for a regional, national and international population.
CUH is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves. We value our differences and fully advocate and support an inclusive working environment where every individual can fulfil their potential. We want to ensure our people are truly representative of all the communities that we serve. We welcome applications for all positions in the organisation irrespective of people's age, disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity status or social economic background.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
Please note:- Internal applicants on permanent contracts can only apply for this post as a secondment and must have the approval of your current line manager before applying.
The advert will close at midnight on 27 November 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- -Registered Dietitian
- -Appropriate diploma / degree to Masters level, such as Masters in Advanced Dietetic Practice / Masters in Paediatric Dietetic Practice or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- -Strong evidence of CPD (portfolio) with evidence of training in Paediatrics and specialist clinical area
- -Recognised training in Parenteral Nutrition / Eating Disorders and/or Mental Health
- -Recognised further training in Paediatric Dietetics, including Gastroenterology
- -Mental Health group member or equivalent Paediatric Gastroenterology professional society
- -Paediatric group member
- -Significant level of general, acute paediatric dietetic experience, including Gastroenterology plus demonstrable clinical experience within a specialist area in both the Inpatient and Outpatient setting
- -Evidence of working across a range of Inpatient Wards
- -Demonstrable interest in working within CYP Eating Disorders or intestinal failure
- -Demonstrable understanding and evidence of refeeding the critically ill
- -Proven ability to perform at Band 7 level and work independently
- -Proven development work
- -MDT work with influential role and point of reference for the team
- -Experience of audit and/or research leading to service review / development
- -Talks / group / education session work
- -Student Training experience
- -Speaker at training days / conferences at local, regional and national level
- -Evidence of working in critical care
- -Up to date with current issues in Paediatric Dietetics
- -In depth knowledge and up to date with Eating Disorders practice / intestinal failure and evidence
- -Demonstrates good clinical practice
- -Demonstrable evidence that able to carry a busy and complex caseload
- -Appreciates own limitations
- -Good written and verbal communication skills / interpersonal skills
- -Works well in a team and on own initiative
- -Time management skills, organised and able to handle busy workload
- -Be prepared to deal with complex and sensitive issues
- -Be able to remain calm and able to concentrate intensely through distressing and emotional interviews
- -Able to convey highly complex ideas in easily understood language
- -Be able to function in clinical situations with many people present
- -Able to demonstrate leadership attributes and lead a team
- -Computer literature and adaptable to use a wide range of software
Employer detailsEmployer name
- The ability to understand and behave at all times, towards patients, visitors and colleagues according to the Trust values of Safe, Kind, Excellent.
- -Ability to undertake on-call duties
- -Works well under pressure
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital-Division B
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.