The North West Sussex Liaison Team covers two sites, one at Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath and one at Crawley Hospital's Urgent Treatment Centre. We are looking for an experienced nurse to work as a Senior Nurse Practitioner (Band 7) or Nurse Practitioner ( Band 6 with developmental opportunities) at PRH site to ensure we are able to provide a positive experience to people presenting in mental health crisis at this hospital.
You will be working as part of a large nurse led team that provides assessment and care planning. As we provide assessment and support to the wards at Princess Royal Hospital we have two consultants on site. The service operates 7 days a week and weekend and evening work will be required.Main duties of the job
To provide assessment for those presenting with mental health needs following triage from A& E, UCC or the wards at Princess Royal Hospital
Following assessment, including risk assessment identify patients who potentially require follow up mental health care and make the necessary referrals, eg to community teams, crisis teams or hospital admission.
To work autonomously and as part of a team in an environment that can be changeable due to service capacity and demand and lead by example.
Work collaboratively with our acute care colleagues to ensure the best outcomes for patients and carers.
You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team offering a high standard of patient care with an ability to demonstrate sound risk assessment skills, excellent communication skills and at times leadership to other team members.
You should be motivated, dynamic and forward thinking with a commitment to maintaining and improving service user-focused services to the highest quality.About us
We provide mental health and learning disability care for children, young people and adults across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Working in Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Embrace the city life with great access to visit Brighton and London
- With easy access to Gatwick and excellent railway links across the UK there is plenty of opportunity for adventure
We'd love you to join our organisation that is rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description
Provide a comprehensive assessment to those presenting with mental health needs that will inform a plan of aftercare that may include collaborative working with colleagues and making referrals to other teams and services, including signposting. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role.
- Degree/diploma level supplemented by specialist qualification, training, experience, courses to masters level equivalent relevant to the care group
- Evidence of post registration training in relevant service area
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extensive post qualifying experience in relevant service area
- Experience of supervising staff and students
- Able to manage a caseload of patients with complex mental health needs
- Comprehensive knowledge of interventions specific to service area
- Awareness of Trust policies and service specification
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Princess Royal Hospital
Lewes Road Haywards Heath
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.