Are you an experienced qualified HR practitioner who is looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work in an environment that supports your personal and professional development? Do you have an overriding passion to improve patient care? If so, this post may be just what you are looking for. Working in partnership with a specific Division's senior leadership team your role will be instrumental in leading the people agenda for that Division.Main duties of the job
Building on the Trust's enviable reputation as an employer of choice for medical, clinical and corporate support staff, you will play a key role in ensuring that we have the right people with the right skills in the right place to achieve the Trust's vision for the future, as well as providing specialist employment law advice and guidance.About us
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, you will be working as part of a highly qualified and experienced team of workforce and organisational development professionals. You will also act as the administrator and co-ordinator for the maintenance and development of employment policies ensuring they are up to date and are consistent with one culture of care and co-ordinate mediation sessions by liaising with the Trust's trained mediators.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Candidates should be CIPD qualified or working towards it with proven experience of providing general HR support and advice in all aspects of employee relation matters ideally gained in a large scale, complex organisation. As an experienced HR professional you must be able to influence and support line managers to manage informal and formal HR issues. Able to demonstrate motivation and resilience and to plan and manage own workload in a challenging environment is essential to the role.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONS / TRAININGEssential
- Associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) through intermediate study (at level 5 or higher), or significant progress towards completion, or significant experience at senior advisory level
- Educated to post graduate diploma level in a relevant subject or equivalent additional experience at senior advisory level
- Ability to demonstrate CPD is ongoing and knowledge and understanding is reviewed and updated to enable appropriate and relevant advice is provided.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISEEssential
- Educated to degree level
- Leadership Qualification
- Proven experience of providing senior level complex HR support and advice in all aspects of employee relation matters.
- Ability to Influence and supporting line managers to manage informal and formal HR issues
- Effective management of a complex caseload including keeping accurate records and ensuring timely, appropriately risk assessed resolution
- Proven history of delivering complex change management projects
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- Up to date with employment law and best practice.
- Able to interpret and implement HR policies and procedures.
- Proactive approach to identifying risks and implementing plans to address them.
- Understanding of the NHS and the NHS HR agenda
- Competent in Microsoft Office, able use the internet for research purposes
- Advanced keyboard skills - the ability to gather data from ESR and manipulate this using Excel.
- Designing and delivering staff development and training courses.
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and data protection.
COMMUNICATION AND RELATIONSHIPS (INCLUDING MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES)Essential
- Experience of supporting and advising on employee relations matters within the MHPS framework for Medical Colleagues
- Previous NHS experience in a HR role
- Project management
- Understanding of NHS terms and conditions of service
- Managing Organisational Change issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to demonstrate motivation and resilience.
- To plan and manage own workload and provide support to the wider HR team in a challenging environment of competing and changing priorities
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate complex, highly sensitive and contentious issues with people at all levels in the organisation for example when advising on complex HR issues and providing advice to a panel chair.
- Able to influence managers and cultures to promote change and support organisational/service objectives
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop relationships with internal partners as well as external.
- Ability to work in a team/own initiative.
- Ability to gather facts and write and present complex reports.
- Ability to effectively present complex workforce information at a very senior level e.g. Division Performance review meetings.
- Demonstrate the ability to concentrate for prolonged periods where frequent interruptions occur and the work pattern is unpredictable.
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Huddersfield Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.