We are looking for an outgoing Respiratory Healthcare Science Practitioner / Physiologist to join our busy, department spilt over two sites. Working with eight Cardiologists and five Respiratory Physicians the department provides a wide range of complex cardiac and respiratory investigations including Cardiac Catheterisation, PCI, Pacemaker and AICD implant and follow up,, Bronchial Challenge testing, and Stress Echocardiography.
You should have experience of working as a qualified respiratory professional and hold either HCPC, AHCS or RCCP registration. You should also hold ARTP accreditation as a minimum, although consideration will be given to those who are part way through the accreditation process.
We will also consider applications at a trainee level from graduates who hold a Masters degree in a relevant physiological science subject, especially those who have experience of working within a healthcare setting. Agenda for Change Annex 21 will apply in this circumstance.
For a trainee position, the majority of training will be delivered in-house by the established team of specialists, but some access to approved external training courses will be available. The post holder will be considered qualified upon successful attainment of ARTP accreditation together with completion of a portfolio of sufficient standard to successfully apply for the Academy for Healthcare Science (AHCS) Certificate of Equivalence Practitioner Training Programme (PTP),Main duties of the job
Specialist Clinical Physiologists are skilled and competent to perform a broad range of specialist procedures as independent practitioners, across both acute and non-acute sites.
They will be responsible to the Lead physiologist in the relevant specialty and CSM. They will assist with the practical training and development of junior staff and maintain their CPD JOB DIMENSIONS
- To undertake a range of specialist diagnostic cardiac and respiratory procedures as a competent independent practitioner.
- To work independently within diagnostics as dictated by the needs of the service and future developments.
- Supervises and trains other clinical physiologists and trainees as required.
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.
Closing date may change dependent on the responsePerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Completed a recognised course of training and achieved voluntary state registration as a Cardiac Physiologist or Healthcare Science Practitioner or Clinical Scientist
- Proven experience of a range of non-invasive and invasive cardiac and respiratory physiology Is able to act as an independent specialist practitioner in these areas
- Developed in at least 2 of the following areas: Echocardiography or Cardiac Devices or Respiratory Physiology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work unsupervised within designated areas
- Basic I.T. Skills
- The ability to evaluate and act appropriately in emergency situations
- Must be skilled in a broad range of cardiac or cardiac/respiratory procedures
- BSc ( Hons) Clinical Physiology (Cardiac) or BSc Healthcare Science (Cardiac) or MSc Clinical Science or MSc in a relevant physiological science subject plus Certificate of Equivalence for Practitioner Training Scheme (PTP) from the Academy for Healthcare Science (AHCS)
- Post graduate qualification Achievement of one or more of the following (or evidence of working towards with completion within 12 months of appointment) HRUK or IBHRE accreditation BSE or EACVI accreditation ARTP or other recognised respiratory qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Current RCCP or AHCS or HCPC registration.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.