As part of our service developments, we are developing an inpatient service line within the learning disability services. Initially taking the transfer of 4 inpatients at Whalley an additional 14 new acute inpatient beds will complete the portfolio.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Registered Learning Disability Nurse who is an Advanced Clinical Practitioner.Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will carry a caseload working 75% of their time in clinical practice and work alongside our team of ACPs. They will support the Consultant Nurses in the leadership of the learning disability nursing workforce, development of clinical practice to meet the needs of people with learning disability of all ages, undertake research and audit, lead service developments and support close partnerships with others including people and their families provider services and professional education providers.About us
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more details on this vacancy please review the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MSc Advanced Clinical Practice
- First degree in Health related topic
- NMC Registered Nurse (Learning Disability)
- Evidence of professional updating and development in the delivery of service to people with mental illness.
- V300 Independent and Supplementary Nurse Prescribing
- In-depth knowledge of a range of approaches to assessment and interventions for people with learning disability
- Confident in the delivery of care to service user group
- Skilled in delivering evidence based practice for people with learning disability who present with complex needs including challenging behaviour and self harm.
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues/legislation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a senior nursing position
- Significant experience of risk assessment and management and its application practice.
- Detailed understanding of relevant legislation e.g. Mental Capacity Act and Mental Health Act and its application to an Acute Hospital setting.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Whalley/LD Inpatient Unit TBC
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.