We want an enthusiastic and proactive person to support and facilitate effective internal and external communications activity, particularly with regard to graphics and design.
The role requires an experienced and/or graduate level communications or design professional, with an understanding of communications, media and public relations issues.
Working as part of a team, the postholder will support/promote innovation and work collaboratively wherever possible. The postholder will be a key member of the team, undertaking initiatives that help take individuals, teams, and the Trust forward in the most effective way possible, be it digital or physical means.
Promoting a digital-first philosophy, way of working and communicating, the postholder will enable individuals, teams, services, and organisation to adopt/embrace new ways of working, bringing use of everyday technology into the NHS.
Impact of the role is organisation-wide, operating at both corporate level and supporting local teams and managers to deliver against business objectives.
The role requires an understanding of the NHS, current issues and the aims and objectives of the organisation, and enough commercial awareness to work effectively with suppliers and contractors from the private sector to obtain best value for money.Main duties of the job
Working as part of a specialist communications and engagement team, the post holder will provide technical advice and practical support across the Trust.
The post holder will lead on delegated projects, supporting the Trust to effectively communicate, engage and provide services through use of digital and other media.
This will include content creation for the Trust website, intranet, news, social media channels, services and events, helping us to reach key audiences and translate or simplify ideas into accessible and engaging short videos and graphics.
This will include working collaboratively with colleagues across the Trust and in partner agencies, to effectively engage with people in order to promote key messages. This will include all areas of the Trust as well as supporting Trust- wide to promote services for the health and wellbeing of our staff, patients and carers.
The postholder will represent the Trust at events and train colleagues where necessary to use digital media in delivering Trust-wide communications and raising the profile of Trust values, initiatives and outcomes.
Working across the health and social care system is also important, developing professional and community relations and raising the profile of the organisation and the system.About us
Nottinghamshire Healthcare employs over 10,000 colleagues who help #MakeADifference every day. We provide intellectual disability, mental health, community health, forensic and offender healthcare services across Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire. Care is delivered from over 120 sites within the community from acute settings and across low, medium and high secure environments including prisons.
As one of the largest mental health and community trusts in the East Midlands and one of the biggest employers in Nottinghamshire. We are also home to national and regional services such as the National High Secure Deaf Service and the Nottingham Centre for Transgender Health.
We are committed to flexible and agile working, including the opportunity to join our bank.
Your health and wellbeing is our priority and as such we invest significantly in this via our in-house Occupational Health Service, Staff Counselling Service and Health and Wellbeing Team.
We offer a number of employee-led staff networks, including Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) groups, our Green Champions Network, Freedom to Speak Up Network. Health and Wellbeing Champions Network and Menopause Champions. We provide care to a diverse range of communities and are passionate about supporting diversity and inclusion in the Trust.
If you believe in our values of Trust, Honesty, Respect, Compassion and Teamwork, then we would love to hear from you!
#TeamNottsHCJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Working within a team to facilitate effective external and internal communications, and to develop a programme of special projects which supports the Trusts broader communications strategy for all stakeholders. Internal Relationship Management
To facilitate and lead on new ways of working in support of our Trust strategy, engaging with staff differently to achieve a more robust workforce that is aligned to our core values of honesty, trust, compassion, respect and teamwork.
To enable forward-thinking digital, and physical communications, engaging staff for health and wellbeing. External Relationship Management
Maintain and develop relationships with external stakeholders, to enhance the profile of the Trust and support the patient and public involvement agenda. Engagement, Communications and Campaign Management
- Researching and writing content suitable for different audiences and communication methods and channels digital and non-digital including e-bulletins, websites, campaign collateral and reports
- Dealing effectively and efficiently with enquiries from colleagues, teams, services, partner organisations and the public
- Working proactively to identify digital, quality/service improvement, innovation, design and engagement opportunities
- Working with colleagues to proactively contribute to the planning and delivery of communications and engagement activities, events, plans and strategies, ensuring an integrated approach
- Advising and supporting Trust staff with their digital, service/quality improvement, innovation, design, and engagement requirements.
- Overseeing work of less experienced colleagues where appropriate
- Providing cover for and undertake duties of absent colleagues
- Working with colleagues to plan and manage events for internal, partner and public audiences
- Supporting planning and production of virtual/hybrid events, plus digital set up/promotion of virtual and in person events
- Representing the Trust at appropriate meetings and events
- Working flexibly in response to the changing needs of the Trust
- Working in an agile way with unpredictable workload/pattern
- Assisting with any other appropriate duties as requested.
- Good working knowledge of industry standard digital technologies, platforms and techniques including Adobe Creative Suite, Canva
- Create and share content in line with digital accessibility and SEO good practice
- Supporting services to understand and complete a creative brief
- Responsible for systems and processes to ensure the delivery of high-quality digital solutions that are timely, responsive and integrated with other team activities
- Developing effective digital campaigns that are integrated with other team activities
- Day to day content production and management of/for the Trusts digital platforms and tools including Recap Health, websites, social media
- Managing and planning for contentious or sensitive issues in line with protocols and policies
- Creating innovative and engaging graphic, audio and video elements to support work plans and projects/campaigns
- Carrying out ongoing monitoring, evaluation and review of the effectiveness of digital utilisation using KPI/analytics tools
- Supporting team members and promoting digital literacy at all levels both internally and externally
- Demonstrating commitment to ongoing horizon scanning of emerging digital solutions and opportunities and own digital knowledge and skills
- Working with teams to co-lead on the design, promotion and delivery of films, multimedia, graphics and infographics
- To work in collaboration with teams to assist with their implementation of digital technology, supporting Nottinghamshire Healthcare and wider health and social care communities.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience (preferably digital media, design, marketing business or communications related).
- Willingness to undertake such training relevant to the role
- Experience of working collaboratively, engaging with and involving people.
- Experience of creating, uploading and formatting multimedia content onto a digital platform
- Utilising the most appropriate software to edit, format and publish content.
- Experience of content review, update, production and editing, including leaflets, film, web and other digital/physical content. Ensuring robustness of multimedia content, amending if appropriate.
- Experience of creating and sharing content in line with digital accessibility and SEO good practice
- Experience of digital analytics.
- Experience of writing for different media and audiences, especially for websites, social media and other digital resources.
- Experience of writing information and content in a clear, jargon-free language.
- Experience of presenting information to groups and individuals, engaging with people in a way that suits their needs.
- Experience of working collaboratively with teams to understand and achieve shared goals.
- Previous NHS experience
- Working knowledge of Recap Health
- Experience of virtual, in-person and/or hybrid event production/management.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A team worker also able to act on own initiative
- Social skills - ability to get on with a wide range of stakeholders.
- IT skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and co-ordination ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills - verbal and written.
- Ability to organise own workload, perform under pressure and to deadlines, and to work on own initiative, or as an effective team member.
- Ability to stand/sit as necessary for presentations, health events and associated tasks.
- Ability to travel to sites across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
- Willingness to undertake additional training as necessary, including Trust induction, essential training and training (formal and informal) relevant to the role.
- Good general education, to degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in working with the media/event management/campaign management within a complex organisation.
- Commercial awareness/understanding.
- Good knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office, Canva and Adobe Creative Suite for individual/team activity and content creation.
- Copywriting skills and/or experience of writing for the media.
- Social media and digital skills
- Computer literate with extensive experience of Microsoft Office, digital media, marketing, design or communications related software and systems/platforms. Experience with Microsoft Teams, Publisher, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro, or similar/more advanced design/film editing software is essential, as is experience of capturing, editing and sharing experience/activity
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.