We have an exciting opportunity for a health professional or a probation practitioner to join the Greater Manchester Offender Personality Disorder (OPD) team to deliver key aspects of the OPD strategy. The vacancy is in the Evolve IIRMS (Intensive Intervention and Risk Management Service), which is one of three OPD services in Greeter Manchester, the others being The Insight Team and Bradshaw House PIPE AP.
The OPD Strategy is a nationwide programme of services in HMPPS to improve the wellbeing and futures of men, women and young people who have personality difficulties linked to their serious offending behaviour. We require a highly motivated and experienced practitioner to join out multi-disciplinary, multi-professional team. The post will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their knowledge and skills in this specialist area.Main duties of the job
As a senior intervention worker you would be responsible for a case load of service users who have been accepted in to the service. You will have a Intervention Worker supporting you with the case, and you would be responsible for providing case supervision to them You may also request support from other professionals in the team, including Psychologists, Occupational Therapist and Probation staff.
The role requires the provision of evidenced based, psychologically informed approaches and you will lead on formulating the service users needs and risks to inform that approach. You will the work collaboratively with the service user to plan, implement and evaluate the work undertaken.
As a senior member of the team you will have a case supervision role, and training and development role. You will receive training and supervision in order to fulfil the role.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease read the job description for full details. Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Relevant Professional Qualification
- BSc Honours Degree (second class or above)
- Evidence of relevant post registration/qualification learning
- Experience of working with people with personality disorder/difficulties
- Experience of working ina Forensic/Criminal Justice Service
- Experience of conducting risk assessments
- Experience of the Offender Personality Disorder Pathway.
- Three years post registration/qualification for current role.
- Knowledge of approaches to working with people with personality disorder/difficulties
Personal Qualities and SkillsEssential
- Knowledge of evidence based interventions
- Knowledge of The Offender Personality Disorder pathway
- Knowledge of health and criminal justice systems.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage effectively with service users
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Holds a current UK driving License and has transport
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.