Are you an innovative and creative practitioner psychologist who thrives in a fast-paced environment focused on development and change? We want you to work with us!
You will provide specialist psychological assessments and formulations, brief interventions, and contribute to the implementation of the Comprehend, Cope and Connect (CCC) approach as we embed this within the service. CCC is a psychology-led intervention which enables multi-professional colleagues to offer support to patients in crisis, with a focus on collaborative care planning. Multi-disciplinary team formulations are a key part of the post, and we take a primary role in developing the psychologically-informed culture of the wards.Main duties of the job
We work transdiagnostically with a range of presentations, including psychosis, trauma, and relational difficulties. The post-holder will be part of a cohesive team with a strong focus on quality improvement and service development, and we hope to find someone who shares this drive and enthusiasm. The role can be challenging, but rewarding, and our team holds values around transparency, empathy and humour to create a supportive dynamic within the service.
We are part of the wider Southampton Psychological Service, comprising practitioner psychologists and psychological therapists with expertise in a range of approaches and an emphasis on evidence-based practice.
To arrange an informal discussion please email Dr Rose Hooper (Principal Psychologist) -- firstname.lastname@example.orgAbout us
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?
Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?
We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics and neuropsychology, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- Formal training in supervision of other psychologists or equivalent experience
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council as a Practitioner Psychologist
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.