This role provides an exciting opportunity for an experienced clinician with a passion for acute outpatient trauma assessment and management to work within a dynamic and motivated team delivering high quality care for our patients. The successful candidate will work alongside Orthopaedic Consultants providing clinical expertise within both face to face Orthopaedic fracture clinics and virtual fracture clinics. They will also provide expert guidance to the wider Therapies service to ensure safe and effective patient care throughout the patient's pathway.
The role will include leading service development projects, providing clinical education, supervision, leadership, research and audit, in addition to clinical expertise, in line with the HEE AP framework. Working within this large university foundation trust will enable the successful candidate to shape service delivery and influence change at a local, regional and national level.
Offers of employment maybe made under Annex 21 Agenda for Change terms and conditions for Band 8a training post for suitable candidate where development needs are identified. This could include supporting candidateinto this Advanced Practitioner role with the potential option for funded Advanced Practitioner MSc at University of Liverpool (Jan '24 cohort). Current experience, qualifications and development needs would be discussed at interview with shortlisted applicants.Main duties of the job
- Advanced practitioner role within Orthopaedic fracture clinics (both face to face and virtual services)
- Undertake expert musculoskeletal assessment to diagnose and inform management plans
- To order and oversee investigations within Orthopaedic clinics
- Lead trauma outpatient service development projects including audit and research activity
- Clinical education to MDT both internal and external to Trust
- Development of evidence-based trauma pathways
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger has provided an opportunity to reconfigure our services with the aim of delivering excellent healthcare services to the city and improve the quality of care and health outcomes for our patients.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click herehttps://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful candidate should possess wide ranging knowledge and skills in the assessment and management of trauma and orthopaedic conditions. They will take a lead role in the triage, clinical assessment and management of patients referred to the orthopaedic fracture service. This will include working in both virtual fracture clinic and face to face clinics delivered on both Aintree and Royal Liverpool Hospital sites. This role involves referring patients for a wide range of investigations including imaging and blood tests, evaluating and acting upon the results. Using a shared decision making approach, they will be required to make onward referrals to relevant services and agencies to optimise patient care.
The successful post holder will be required to work in a fast paced clinical environment with responsibility for a complex clinical caseload in Orthopaedic clinics. They will support both the Orthopaedic and Therapies service at an Advanced Practice level, using knowledge from theoretical and practical experience integrating all four pillars of Advanced Practice as highlighted in HEE AP framework. A flexible and dynamic approach is essential and the successful candidate must be willing to work across all Trust sites and influence service development.
The Musculoskeletal Therapies Team provides clinical expertise and leadership in the ongoing development of the service in collaboration with key stakeholders. They take an active role in service evaluation, audit and research and contribute to shared learning and evidence-based practice. Evidence-based practice underpins all aspects of care and treatment and the post holder will be responsible for sharing knowledge and training others throughout the clinical area, the wider organisation and externally where appropriate.
We are committed to staff and service development and the post holders will be required to lead on training, audit, service evaluation and development within their clinical area and to contribute towards research projects.Person SpecificationOtherEssential
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Risk Assessment and Health & Safety issues
- Positive attitude to change and flexible work practices to meet the changing demands of the service
- Be adaptable to changing needs of the service and clinical role giving resource and expertise as required
- Ability to work flexibly across the service to support other Clinical staff and Therapies Management team on other specific initiatives and developments as required
- Ability to initiate evidence based practice within clinical area
- Ability to manage own time within clinical and non-clinical activity and to show effective leadership skills empowering others to use problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to demonstrate specialist clinical skills accompanied by an extensive and current working knowledge of Therapy practice within the identified specialist field of clinical practice
- Highly effective communicator at all levels
- Ability to manage own stress and awareness of stress in others and ability to access support as relevant
- High level of ability to work in multidisciplinary and collaborative teams
- Ability to demonstrate tact/diplomacy and empathy within clinical and team settings
- High level of interpersonal skills
- High level of organisational and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead effectively
- Ability to motivate patients/staff
- Ability to demonstrate assertiveness within the clinical/team and service settings
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Ability to represent the Therapy service and the organisation at Trust initiatives and with external agencies
- Ability to demonstrate and promote reflective practice
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development and the development of others
- Demonstrate a commitment to keep up to date with all mandatory training
- Extensive working knowledge of Therapy practice within the identified specialist field of clinical practice
- Ability to demonstrate a comprehensive clinical expertise within the identified specialist field of clinical practice
- Excellent clinical reasoning skills
- To act as an expert within specialist clinical field providing strong clinical leadership both within Therapies and the wider multi-disciplinary team
- Take an active role within multi-agency practice both within the organisation and outside the Trust
- Good understanding of standardised assessment tools and treatment principles
- Ability to demonstrate clinical reasoning and an holistic problem solving approach
- Awareness of and local involvement in current NHS issues and relevant frameworks/quality indicators
- Demonstrate awareness of Clinical Governance and its application within Therapies
- Effective teaching and presentation skills, experience of formal teaching and presentation
- Experience of Human Resource related issues e.g. recruitment/retention, management of sickness, attendance and special leave
- Proven experience in the formal management and supervision of staff
- Diploma/Degree in Therapy profession
- Current registration with the HCPC
- Masters qualification or equivalent
- Completion of Educator /Mentorship qualification or equivalent.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Training qualification in relevant management/leadership development
- Non-medical prescribing qualification (dependent on role) - Desirable
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.