Job Title -Advanced Practice Physiotherapist/Clinical Specialist for MSK spinal patients Hours per week-37.5 Hours per Week Perm/Fixed Term-Permanent position: The post is 0.75 WTE as APP and 0.25 WTE as clinical Specialist band 7 Salary - �50,952 to �57, 349/ �43,742 to �49,6556 Per Annum pro rata Closing date: 24th November 2023 Interview Date: 28th February 2022 This post may close early due to high numbers of applicationsso you are advised to apply promptly.
All correspondence for this vacancy will be sent by email please check your account regularly including your Junk and SPAM areas. A great and friendly place to work, so bring your passion, commitment and expertiseand enjoy the opportunities to make a difference every day. #JoinTeamEliot Main duties of the job
The Advanced Spinal Practitioner will manage and provide the direct specialised care of a caseload of diverse Spinal patients who may have critical/complex and/or chronic presentations throughout all aspects of the pathway.
The Advanced Practitioner will determine clinical diagnosis and treatments indicated, and maintain records as an autonomous practitioner, working in the out-patient department .
The Advanced Spinal Practitioner will play a proactive role in quality improvement, ongoing service development and service redesign through the demonstration of expert clinical knowledge within their specialist field.About us About us
Here at George Eliot our vision to 'excel at patient care'
takes centre stage. An ever evolving clinically-led acute service provider we are on a journey to continually provide high quality, safe and responsive services delivered by inspiring, friendly and compassionate staff who share our corporate values which underpin everything we do. Our values are not just words on a piece of paper, they bond us together, reflect our ambition and shape who we are: E
ffective Open Communication
cellence and safety in everything we do C
hallenge but support E
xpect respect and dignity L
ocal health that inspires confidence Benefits:
On-site nursery, 27 days minimum annual leave plus bank holidays, cycle to work scheme, flexible working, extensive in-house course learning directory, buying and selling of annual leave, subsidised restaurant, tranquillity garden and generous subsidised on-site parking.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, highly skilled and motivated Physiotherapist to join our Therapy Team at George Eliot Hospital as an Advanced Practice Physiotherapist in Spines.
You must have experience of working at Band 7 within the NHS with experience in MSK spinal patients and be open to working in new ways. You must have strong leadership skills to drive this change
The post offers a great chance for individual development within the area, Part of the role is advanced physiotherapy skills ( Non-medical prescriber, injections, pathology, imaging) and training will be provided for the appropriate candidate.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who wishes to extend their clinical expertise with the opportunity to develop their clinical leadership skills.
The role will be based at the George Eliot Hospital within our friendly and welcoming team. There will be individual mentorship by a senior member of the team to help with your personal goals our moto being Your Potential is our Goal. Person SpecificationExperience and KnowledgeEssential
- Senior experience in specialist area
- Recent NHS experience
- Teaching/supervision/training of professional staff
- Membership of related special interest group
- Exposure to strategic and political issues affecting advanced practice healthcare
Qualification and Professional TrainingEssential
- Experience of interpreting medical investigations such as pathology tests and X-Rays.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Qualifying Degree in Physiotherapy
- Registration with HCPC
- Qualified, or working towards, Master's degree in relevant field i.e. have attained some modules and working towards full MSc or has full MSc
- Recognised / validated postgraduate training in specialist area in particular in complex conditions (e.g. NMP)
- Relevant evidence of CPD
- Up to date with effective professional practice and research.
- Up to date with effective practice and research or related fields of practice.
- Keep legible and accurate patients notes
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate
- Thorough understanding of clinical governance and its implications for service provision.
- Sound knowledge of quality and audit/PDSA and how to implement change.
- Understanding of scope of practice issues and legal accountability & responsibilities.
- Critical appraisal of clinical evidence and evidence based practice
- Able to work under pressure, diplomacy, resilience and robustness
- To work within an evolving clinical role and service.
- Able to travel across the region, as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective open Communication
- Excellence and safety in all that we do
- Challenge but support
- Expect respect and dignity
- Local Healthcare that inspires confidence
George Eliot Hospital NHS TrustAddress
George Eliot Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.