At MPFT we pride ourselves on staff wellbeing and development and can we offer you:
Main duties of the job
- Our SOOTHE resources - supporting staff across the trust with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Counselling support and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters
- In our Gift providing a platform for your voice to be heard to inform change
- The opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Opportunities for flexible working ( depending on the role )
- Career development opportunities and coaching plus access to in house training programs
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme
- Recognition and engagement through our staff LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and Staff Engagement Surveys
- NHS discounts available via the Blue Card and Red Guava schemes
We have a vacancy for a Band 6, Level 2 Social Worker to join the Tamworth & Lichfield ASC Community Hospital Teams. South Community Hospital Discharge teams facilitate timely discharges and prevent delayed transfers of care for all Staffordshire patients from the Discharge to Assess and Rehabilitation beds at Samuel Johnson Community Hospital, Lichfield and Sir Robert Peel Community Hospital, Tamworth.
Unplanned Care South East service includes the Discharge to Assess (D2A) services in Burntwood, Lichfield and Tamworth (BLT) and East Staffs and surrounding areas. You will work closely with other Multi-Disciplinary team members including Social Workers, Social Care Assessors, Nurses, Therapists (Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapist), and Home First Teams and external agency partners. The successful candidate will have a flexible approach and be confident to forge partnership working relationships with the Multi-Disciplinary Teams across the various hospitals and community sites.About us
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will have the skills, knowledge and experience to work autonomously across both sites and to assess Staffordshire residents who have been placed out of area. The successful candidate will have experience of conducting s.42 investigations and knowledge of the Continuing Healthcare funding process.
You must be enthusiastic, highly motivated and be able to work under pressure with a strong commitment to promoting timely, safe discharges from hospital and preventing delayed transfers of care, also supporting individuals in the community to prevent readmissions and assess need for ongoing care and complete timely reviews to support individuals remaining at home whilst promoting ongoing independence.
The successful candidate must be a confident practitioner, team player with excellent communication and IT skills.
Social Work Learning Academy (SWLA)
On appointment, the post holder will be auto-enrolled in the SWLA and aligned to the appropriate British Association of Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework. The relevant SWLA stage (i.e. stage 1 (ASYE), 2 (Social Worker) or 3 (Advanced Social Worker) will also be agreed taking all prior Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and relevant experience into consideration. The post holder will be required to take responsibility for their own Continuous Professional Development.Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- Professional Social Work qualification, DipSW, CQSW, CSS, BA, MA or Foreign qualification where certified by the Professional Social Work regulatory body
- Ensuring current registration with the Professional Social Work regulatory body at all times.
- To hold/to undertake and achieve the status of Approved Mental Health Professional and/or Best Interest Assessor as per the SWLA Career Pathway
- To undertake and achieve the status of Work Based Supervisor and Practice Educator as per the SWLA Career Pathway
- Good keyboard / IT skills including word processing, spreadsheets, email and PowerPoint
- An ongoing commitment to personal and professional development.
- A clear understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Existing accreditation relating to Practice Educator/Work Based Supervisor
- Significant post-qualification experience of working with adults with needs associated to older age, physical health or mental health needs and their carers
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of social work in other user groups/settings i.e. Children and Families, Learning Disabilities, Older Adults Experience of a development role for service/ facilities
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Sir Robert Peel Community Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.