As Strategic Head of Estates, you will play a key role in shaping the future provision of estates services within the trust. This will include the strategic development of services to ensure they are high quality, progressive, responsive to internal and external demand, patient focused and fully support the strategic and future operational needs of the service delivery and associated contracts.
You be responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategic business development plans and a strong governance framework to provide and evidence that all services are safe, fit for purpose, efficient and effective for patients and staff including relatives and visitors.
You will help to maintain and develop strong and effective links with all key stakeholders, which will involve deputising for the Associate Director of Estates & Facilities for all matters relating to safety and quality of operational estates.Main duties of the job
Reports to the Associate Director of Estates & Facilities.
The post holder will liaise directly with general managers, clients appointed by the Trust, design teams, various estate staff, capital projects team and various external professional bodies and organisations, consultants and contractors.
The Post Holder will provide guidance and line management for Head of Estates.
The Post Holder will be responsible for the estates strategy and the accountable lead for the performance of all external contractors and professional consultants appointedAbout us
The estates team is a small team of professional and dedicated staff who are responsible for keeping the hospital running and a safe environment for all staff, visitors and patients at all times with the Capital team being responsible for any new builds and projects.
We are currently going through departmental changes and are looking for someone who champions change in a positive way.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Strategic Head of Estates will be responsible for the strategic management and delivery of the range of services outlined in the portfolio below:
- Hospital Energy Centres including 24 hour, 365 days, electrical and heat generation.
- Estates compliance and planned maintenance including both in-house and any retained estate provision
- Waste, transport and main stores
- Hard FM services capped sum
- Development and implementation of governance framework for portfolio which must be compliant with the NHS Premises Assurance Model (PAM), demonstrate compliance with statutory requirements and risk management / business continuity planning.
- ERIC data / PLACE / Lord Carter/Model Hospital assessment and external performance reviews
- A BSc or BA (as above) with demonstrable extensive senior management experience in a similar organisation or A BSc or BA (as above) with membership of a professional institution such as CIBSE, IEE, IMechE, IHEEM. Etc. or actively progressing registered status and evidence of continuing professional development
- A BSc or BA Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a Building discipline and a post-graduation Degree (Masters) in Mechanical Engineering or Construction or equivalent qualification and extensive proven experience Management qualification
- Certificated BTEC training achieved in Medical Gas AP
- Healthcare mandatory use/awareness of AutoCAD
- Authorised Person or equivalent for engineering installations or systems
- Experience of implementing quality controls, processes and procedures
- Management of minor works process
- Project / contract management
- Financial and management control systems
- NHS experience
- Can demonstrate good man- management, leadership & person skills. Ability to plan work load and have an organised approach to filing data
- In depth knowledge of statutory compliance, relevant health and safety and risk management
- High level of engineering knowledge (electrical & mechanical), techniques, systems and standards
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to manage contractors and in-house workforce of a multi-disciplined trade nature
- Previous knowledge of health sector Estate management
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.