Previous applicants need not apply
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic, motivated Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner to join our friendly team in the Occupational Health Service of Stockport NHS Foundation Trust. The post is based at Stepping Hill Hospital / Tameside Hospital, but will also involve cross site working, travel to some outside NHS sites and companies for whom we provide an Occupational Health service.
Due to the variety of the work carried out here you would obtain extensive experience in all aspects of Occupational Health. You must be RGN qualified with NHS experience in Occupational Health, hold an Occupational Health qualification and be registered the NMC.
This is a challenging role and therefore the successful individual will need excellent organisational skills, inter-personal and communications skills. Experience of leading and managing projects is also required, as the post holder will be involved with the trust flu and Covid vaccination programmesMain duties of the job
About usWe hold a unique position in the Stockport community as the provider of healthcare and we are one of its largest employers. Our mission is to make a difference every day. Our values are that we care, we respect, and we listen We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population. We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from you. We recognise that flexible working is important. We take requests for flexible working seriously, consider any request we receive and try to work with you, so we can explore if your request may fit with the needs of the service. The salary for the role is only one part of the excellent package of benefits we offer to you:
- To assist in the provision of a comprehensive occupational health service aimed at protecting, promoting and maintaining the physical and mental well-being of all employees.
- To provides specialist advice, guidance and support to Trust managers and staff, in accordance with legislation and local policies/procedures/protocols.
- Provides line management of junior staff in the Occupational Health Nursing Team and offer support to the administrative team.
- Provides management support for the Occupational Health Nurse Manager in the maintenance and development of the service, as well as improvements in quality standards in accordance with relevant and national guidelines and in leading and advancing clinical practice in line with DoH guidelines and legislation and provide all aspects of nursing care including consultation, advice, education, testing and immunisations where appropriate and in accordance with patient group directives and departmental protocols.
- Undertakes clinical audit and service evaluation programmes.
- Provides specialist knowledge in delivering a safe and effective immunisation programme for the Trust and external clients, seasonal flu programme, Covid and Inoculation Injuries, working within the boundaries of Department of Health Guidelines, The Green Book, Trust Policy and local protocols.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Between 27-33 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme membership
- Salary sacrifice schemes for lease cars, home electronics and more, to make your salary go further
- NHS Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary finance - for loans, savings, budget planning and tips on managing debt
- Stockport Credit Union- for local financial advice
The post holder will work closely with the Consultant in Occupational Medicine, Nurse Manager and nursing team in the provision of a comprehensive effective occupational health service to SNHSFT / TGH and to external clients/contracts aimed at protecting, promoting and maintaining the physical and mental well-being of all employees, maintaining and developing the service and quality standard in accordance with relevant and national guidelines.
Our employees and contracts are widespread throughout the area, so a current full driving licence/ability to travel is required.
For informal enquiries please contact Heather Statham on 0161 419 5491.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and promote safeguarding by implementing the Trusts policies and procedures, acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriately.
If successful this vacancy will require an enhanced DBS check at a cost of �41.50. This cost will be deducted from your first Trust salaryIn addition to this it will be a condition of your employment that you will join the DBS update service and pay the annual subscription fee of �13.Person SpecificationEducation and qualififcationEssential
work related circumstancesEssential
- Current registration with NMC and a registered general nurse
- Specialist Nurse practitioner in OH demonstrated by degree or diploma
- Teaching / mentor qualification
- vaccination and immunisation course
- team player
- self motivated and organised
- adaptable to different people, places and situations
- speak English to an appropriate standard relevant to their role
- driving ability or use of other forms of transport
- Evidence of specialist knowledge of OH
- evidence of ongoing professional development
- Knowledge of current guidelines / legislations underpinning WHA and health surveillance
- management of flu programme
- management of inoculation injuries
- case management
- leadership / management course
- Significant post experience
- OH experience
- Teaching / mentor experience
- NHS experience
- Competent in immunisation
- Experience in research, audit and monitoring of OH service programmes
- able to communicate with managers at all levels
- training and presentations
- leading managing projects
- Health surveillance
- Health promotion
skills and abilitiesEssential
- Experience in managing staff in a team
- Experience of allocating work / assessing junior staff
- sickness absence management
- managing outside industry work
Employer detailsEmployer name
- demonstrates new service development, inspiring and leading others
- evidence of undertaking audits
- shows commitment, organisational, planning and prioritsation of skills
- evidence of ability to perform efficiently and effectively under pressure and manage competing demands
- self motivated and able to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Evidence of IT literacy
- clear and effective communication skills
- able to present information clearly in large groups
- ability to manage a team including carrying out personal development reviews.
Stockport NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stepping Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.