An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust as a Customer Service Level 2 Apprentice
You will be a compassionate, accountable individual who treats all colleagues, patients and service users with respect and seeks to deliver excellence in their role. You will share the Trust values and be committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
Would you like a Career in Customer Service with an emphasis on Business Administration and be part of the NHS Administration and Clerical Services?
If so, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join us at Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust across all service sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals who want to begin their career in Customer Service and Business Administration, gain a Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Award and learn a variety of customer service & administration skills. Our Apprenticeship programme provides exciting future pathways into career areas:
Main duties of the jobBeginning in February 2024, these positions will be based in various departments across the Trust.
- Corporate services that can lead to a variety of career routes - across all departments
- Patient facing services that will lead onto a breath of career routes - Receptionists, Medical secretary support, and general administration roles in a variety of departments
- Be part of a team and will be contributing to the smooth running of Trust patient services.
- Using different methods of communication to interact with new and existing customers ie families, staff, public, both internally and externally.
- Learn how to develop IT skills, deal with sensitive and confidential information, handle telephone calls and increase your communication skills with a variety of professionals and service users.
Sheffield Children's is one of three independent, specialist paediatric hospitals in the country, providing dedicated healthcare for children and young people across community, mental health and acute specialist settings.
We have three overarching aims that set the direction for the Trust in our vision to create a healthier future for children and young people.
- Outstanding patient care
- Brilliant place to work
- Leader in children's health
Our commitment to rewarding colleagues is demonstrated through our brilliant reward and benefits offer including generous annual leave entitlement and pension scheme and access to salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and lease cars.
We are committed to supporting colleagues from different heritages and lifestyles while at work. This is supported through the offer we have in place for flexible working and the three equality network groups we have in place. Colleagues are encouraged to join these groups and request flexible working.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information on the main responsibilities for this post, please refer to the job description and person specification. To find out more about these opportunities, come along to our virtual open day, get to meet existing candidates and chat to Department Managers, the date for this session is: Monday 4th December @ 2pm until 3pm If you would like to join us or would like further information please contact email@example.com for our open day meeting links. Closing date for applications:12th December, 2023 Shortlisting: 13th December, 2023 Interviews will take place: 19th December, 2023 via MS Teams Inclusive Recruitment & Selection
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and accurate data capture is an important part of that to ensure we are supportive and representative. Our aim is to ensure that all applicants can see themselves in the available categories on our application form, but we recognise that some of our data capture fields are not inclusive. We have flagged this with our system provider to ask for change.
We offer encouragement and active support to applicants with additional needs, including those from ethnic minorities, with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ+ community. If you wish to adjust any aspect of the recruitment process or wish to find out more about our recruitment & selection processes, please get in touch with our Recruitment Manager: Catherine.Gilbert7@nhs.net
We are continually reviewing our recruitment & selection process to support the long-term aim of Sheffield Childrens being a champion of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion. If you have any ideas for improvement, please get in touch with Catherine Gilbert at Catherine.Gilbert7@nhs.net Trust Values
The Trust is committed to providing great quality patient care and keep children, young people and families at the heart of what we do by following our CARE values:
Person SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential
- Compassion leading by kindness and showing empathy, understanding and respect
- Accountability striving to do the right thing and owning responsibility
- Respect value differences, tackling inequality and fostering a culture of inclusion
- Excellence delivering a high-quality standard of care
- Minimum GCSE A - D or 4 - 9 in Maths & English or Functional Skills Level 1 in both subjects
- ECDL/CLAIT or equivalent
- Formal typing/word processing qualification
Knowledge and skillsEssential
- Administrative work or voluntary experience
- Experience of dealing with the public on the telephone and/or face to face
- Experience of team working
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to carry out tasks accurately following instruction
- Able(or keen to learn how) to communicate effectively and sensitively with colleagues, service users and members of the public
- Basic computer skills i.e. able to use e-mail and internet to send and retrieve information
- Knowledge of other Microsoft packages e.g. Access, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of administrative working processes and procedures
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and Confidentiality
- Committed to completing the Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship
- Willing to travel to meet the demands of the post
- Able to carry out the duties of the role, with reasonable adjustments where necessary
Demonstrates Trust ValuesEssential
- Able to work to deadlines
- Able to work with limited supervision but seek advice when appropriate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellence, Accountability, Compassion, Teamwork and Integrity - Together we care
Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Sheffield Children's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.