Are you a Qualified EMHP or CYWP or are you about to qualify in these areas - then we are looking for YOU!
We are looking for a dynamic and compassionate practitioner to join our growing Mental Health Support Team. Our MHST prides itself in...... Delivering Evidence-Based Interventions
, withmild to moderate mental health problems, in Education Settings.
Helping children and young people within these settings who present withmore severe problems to rapidly access more specialist services.Supporting and facilitating staff in Education Settings to identify, and whereappropriate, manage issues related to mental health and wellbeing.Working with and within educational environments to afford better access to specialist mental health services.Working with low level risk and recognise higher level risk, escalating thisappropriately to relevant services e.g., CAMHS /Child Care Services/MASH.Main duties of the job
Delivering outcome focused
, Evidence-Based Interventions
in Educational Settings
for children and young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties.Developing skills in supporting
children and young people experiencing mild to moderate mental health difficulties, their parents/carers, families and educators in the self-management of presenting difficulties.
Developing and practicing Evidence
skills and working in partnership with children, young people, their families and educators in the development of treatment plans for the specific intervention and agreeing outcomes.Work in collaboration
with children and young people and where appropriate parents/carers to formulate and develop agreed treatment plan.About us
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
Our ambition is to maximise people's potential and we aim to promote an inclusive environment and improve the diversity of our workforce so our people truly represent the communities we serve.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.
If you are Kind, Fair, Ingenious and Determined then we want you to come and join our#PennineCarePeople
https://www.penninecare.nhs.uk/valuesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification and ensure you relate your supporting information section to the criteria below as this is ultimately what you'll be shortlisted against.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Expertise within specialism, underpinned by theory Knowledge of mental health services and procedures gained through training for postgraduate certificate in mental health either Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Health Practice for Children and Young People (EMHP Qualification) Or CYWP qualification.
- BABCP and or BPS registered/registerable or working towards registration
- Experience of managing a caseload of children and young people with a range of mild and moderate mental health needs
- Working within a community mental health setting.
- Experience of delivering evidence based psychological interventions
- Experience of delivering group based interventions
- Experience of working with children and families and a hospital or community setting
- Knowledge of mental health issues in young people
- Knowledge of legislation and National policies in relation to mental health issues in young people.
- Understanding how difficulties can be maintained by the wider system and family.
- Knowledge of children and young people gained through academic study in child development, child wellbeing or mental health.
- An understanding of Safeguarding responsibilities and the importance of multi-agency working for children and families in the community.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to assess, plan and implement care programmes for young people with complex emotional and/or behavioural difficulties
- Ability to deliver a range of therapeutic techniques which can be incorporated into one to one and / or group interventions.
- Can demonstrate skills in assessing and managing people / children and young people experiencing emotional and or mental health problems
- Ability to recognise own attitudes towards offending / challenging behaviours.
- Ability to recognise own limits and seek appropriate support.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Oldham Mental Health Support Team
Positive Steps, 80 Union Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.