To contribute to the provision of a professional midwifery service, ensuring the highest possible standards of care are received by clients and their carers. To assist the shift leader and deputise as appropriate in her/his absence. To act as an excellent clinical role model and practice autonomously within the parameters of guidelines/policies and sphere of professional practiceMain duties of the job
To work as a preceptor midwife from qualifying, working on rotation around the maternity unit in order to progress to a band 6 midwife.
Our Intrapartum service includes a co-located birth centre. We have a 22 bed antenatal and postnatal ward and provide community service to Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre.
We have proactively implemented the Saving Babies Lives care bundle which has significantly improved our health outcomes.
We are working collaboratively with multi-agency partners to improve the health of 0-2 yr olds based in our community through Lottery funding.About us
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is ideally situated just a forty five minute drive from Manchester. The Trust provides services to the 440,000 residents of Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre and North Lancashire, as well as specialist tertiary care for Cardiac and Haematology patients.
As one of the United Kingdom's largest coastal resort, Blackpool has plenty to offer its residents - it's not just a good place to work it's a great place to live
. In addition to its bustling centre and historic seafront, the town is world famous for its many attractions, including the famous Blackpool Tower. Blackpool also offers a number of scenic cycling routes round our local parks and across the surrounding countryside, as well as boasting panoramic views of the coast on its picturesque Promenade. Further afield, Blackpool also benefits from less than three-hour connections via rail to Edinburgh in the north and London in the south.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesMAIN DUTIESHospital
Provide care for all risk categories of midwifery clients in whichever care setting and support junior staff in same.
We are seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated midwives to join our friendly and progressive service where innovation and transformation is encouraged at all levels. The midwifery services in Blackpool offer excellent experience in all areas of midwifery practice and there are good opportunities for professional education and development.
We are looking for either newly qualified or due to qualify band 5 midwives, who will be rotating through our excellent two year preceptorship package in all areas of our maternity services.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Completed and obtained RM qualification and has current live PIN on NMC register.
- Achievement of all midwifery competencies
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates skills in leadership
- NLS certificate Examination of the newborn qualification
- Case holding management
- Understanding and knowledge of current issues in Midwifery and NHS
- Demonstrates application of evidence based practice
- Is aware of responsibility in relation to NMC Professional Code of Conduct and Midwives Rules
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Evidence of self development
- Ability to problem solve, anticipate and forward plan
- Understanding of Risk Management Strategy
- Car owner with full driving licence or be mobile and able to travel to different locations in the community
- Competent at perineal suturing, cannulation, IV drug administration and scrubbing for theatre
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexibility in shift/working patterns to meet the needs of the service
- Willing to accept additional responsibilities as delegated by senior staff
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.