We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Pharmacist to join our friendly, established and respected team, in leading and developing the pharmacy service provided to mental health services in a particular region of Derbyshire or clinical area.
Due to a number of current vacancies the post can be tailored to candidates' skill set, interests and geographical location.
Options include community or inpatient input across Derbyshire (North, South or Derby City)
The main location for the job would be dependent on the role and applicant and is expected to have a 40% WFH component service need allowing.
We provide all our pharmacy staff with opportunities for development, including full funding for post-graduate qualifications in mental health pharmacy, including the certificate and diploma through Aston University, and independent prescribing qualification if required. This role would be ideally suited to an experienced mental health Pharmacist looking to relocate or a mental health Pharmacist looking for progression. We are also open to applications of experienced Pharmacists from specialist acute backgrounds or primary care, who are willing to develop their psychiatric knowledge. If this sounds like who you are, then please get in touch to discuss!Main duties of the job
The roles and duties of this post include:
- Developing close working relationships with other members of the multi-disciplinary team and contributing to clinical care plans
- Responding to medication-related queries, providing advice on prescribing and promoting evidence-based practice
- Discussing medication with patients and carers and developing a variety of approaches to support informed care
- Educating colleagues about medicines management and medicines optimisation
- Providing line management and supervision to the clinical and specialist Pharmacists in the team
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease review the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
- GPhC registration
- Postgraduate mental health pharmacy diploma OR a postgraduate diploma in clinical pharmacy and equivalent experience.
Knowledge / ExperienceEssential
- Pharmacist Independent Prescribing qualification
- CMHP Accreditation
- Post-graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy
- Hospital pharmacy experience
- Highly specialist knowledge of mental health medications and therapeutics, other therapeutic area or highly generalist knowledge.
- Advanced experience of working as a specialist pharmacist
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Line management experience
- Experience of working as a specialist mental health pharmacist
- Experience of quality improvement and service development
- Experience of practicing as a prescriber
- Experience of working across organisational interfaces
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.