Full time 37.5 hours per week. Permanent post.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Band 5 Theatre Practitioners (Nurse) to join our dynamic, friendly and forward thinking team.
We are currently recruiting qualified Anaesthetic Nurses to work in our theatre department. The specialities covered within the department include general surgery, trauma and elective orthopaedics, oncoplastics, breast, gynaecology, ENT and oral maxillofacial surgery. Previous applicants need not apply The Trust has a dedicated international nursing recruitment programme in place because of this we ask international nurses to please not apply for our general nursing vacancies. We regularly advertise our opportunities for international nurses to join our nurse team here in Bolton and these adverts are clearly marked as being suitable for international applicants.Main duties of the job
Whether you are just starting your career or have previous relevant experience we would like to come and join our team. In return for your commitment, enthusiasm and dedication we will provide you with future learning opportunities, technical skills and one to one support from the Education Team.
As an organisation we are committed to placing the patient at the heart of everything we do. Providing high standard, safe, effective patient care that acknowledge and ensures dignity and respect. With this in mind we are seeking to recruit staff who share the organisations values and beliefs.
You will be highly motivated with a can do attitude and will join an innovative, pro-active team providing safe, effective and personal care using evidence based practice. You must be a Registered Nurse with current NMC Pin number and a recognised anaesthetic qualification.
If you are a registered ODP with current HCPC Pin number or Student ODP nearing qualification, please apply on vacancy ref: 241-8AS-23-J-ODP
The post holder is expected to be flexible, respond to change and the needs of the department. It is required that the post holder will work flexible hours over the 24 hour day, including weekends and on call.About us
Bolton NHS Foundation Trust is committed to being the best in our class of organisations. We offer a culture that supports our staff and helps them to be the best that they can be and enables them to achieve better care to patients. All staff work to a set of five core values:-o Visiono Opennesso Integrityo Compassiono Excellence
The Royal Bolton Hospital is easily accessible from the M61 and has good public transport links.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information regarding the key responsibilities of this role please see the attached job description. If you have any further questions regarding this role please do not hesitate to contact us via the information below.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Registered Nurse with post registration anaesthetic qualification, Registered Operating Department Practitioner or Student Operating Department Practitioner nearing qualification.
- Anaesthetic qualification and relevant recovery
- Advanced certificate in operating dept practice
- Able to work with minimal supervision. Able to use own initiative. Able to deal with confidential information in the appropriate manner.
- Experience of working as an anaesthetic practitioner. Experience not necessary for newly qualified ODP's.
- Experience of working and/or placement within an NHS Setting / demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the ODP role and how this is undertaken within the NHS.
- Experience of working in recovery
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to prioritise workload Proven ability to comply with detailed procedures Clear and accurate record keeping
Bolton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Bolton Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.