This is an exciting opportunity to part of the existing Simulation team for the development, evaluation and running of the medical simulation room as a training resource.
As part of the newly formed Mid and South Essex Foundation Trust, the post will act as an educator for simulation skills sessions within the Trust, and facilitate the specialist provision of simulation skills within relevant programs and sessions mainly for medical students, junior doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
You will assist the Simulation Lead to co-ordinate, implement and evaluate the simulation skills programs also initiate research and design, implement and monitor robust audit mechanisms for simulation skills training, training needs analysis, effectiveness of clinical practice and training outcomes.
You will be based at Basildon Hospital but as part of the MSE there maybe some requirement to travel to our other two Hospitals Mid Essex and Southend.Main duties of the job
Responsible as part of the Medical Education team at Basildon Hospital for the development, evaluation and running of the medical simulation room as a training resource. S/he will act as an educator for simulation skills sessions within the Trust and facilitate the specialist provision of simulation skills within relevant programs and sessions mainly for medical students, junior doctors, nursing and allied health professionals.
To plan, co-ordinate, implement and evaluate the simulation skills programs. To initiate research and design, implement and monitor robust audit mechanisms for simulation skills training, training needs analysis, effectiveness of clinical practice and training outcomes.
To contribute to our exciting future and become part of our team, apply todayAbout us
With a workforce of approximately 15,000 staff, we can now do more and go further in delivering health services to our local communities.
Our ambition is to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients, and provide a vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
Patients will experience improved care as well as fewer delays and cancellations. We are able to provide more once-in-a-lifetime specialist care region-wide. With our new trust size will come more opportunities for development, research, networking and innovation.
We aim to make the most of our skills and experiences so we can become the best we can be. As one organisation we will recruit the finest and retain more specialist staff due to more employment opportunities across our Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The role of the department is to support Undergraduate students, Doctors in Training and multi professional teams in Education and Training. We promote effective inter-professional learning whilst implementing the MSE Trust strategic objectives for workforce development through education in the NHS leading to better patient care. Through the design and implementation of carefully researched clinical simulation scenarios, we enable and support safe and effective patient care.
The post holder will:
- Coordinate the delivery of high quality education and clinical skills training
- Contribute to the organisations medical education strategic objectives and values through the development of individual and team roles, skills and competencies
- Take a lead role in facilitating, supporting and teaching simulation skills across the Trust, examining medical student OSCE for clinical skills
- Deputising for the Simulation Lead
- Role model excellence in clinical practice and leadership
- First Level Health Practitioner with NMC or HCPC
Evidence of Contiuning Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Recognised Learner Support Qualification (learning and accessing) or completion of a recognised AHP educator program
- Simulation Course
- Train the Trainer courses
- Leadership Course
- Certificate/ Portfolio / Application
Post Registration ExperienceEssential
- Evidence of specialist training
- In Expanded Clinical Skills in an Acute Setting of at least 3 years
- Teaching Practice and presentation, developing Staff and programme design
- IT literacy using a range of current and relevant packages
- Team Management
- Leadership Course
- Effective communication skills relevant to the education role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- challenged current working practices & introduced changes in light of evidence-based recommendations
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.