The main role of the job is to care for surgical patients in the immediate post operative period and for up to twenty four hours after if they require extra support.
You will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality patient focused care in the immediate post-operative phase, care for High Dependency Patients, Paediatric patients and care of the elderly as needed. To provide and maintain a safe environment for all patients attending theatres and PACU.
In addition, co-ordinate and carry out post- operative care and working with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and support and develop staff & students in PACU acting as both a Mentor and Preceptor. Working with the wider hospital community to ensure patient pathways are safe and fit for purpose.
Our philosophy is 'together we can make things better', if this aligns with your ambition, passion and beliefs, we will welcome an application from you.Main duties of the job
- As a Registered Practitioner you will be responsible for one to one patient care whilst their airway is compromised, moving to care of several patients managing their post operative pain, nausea and vomiting, psychological support of the patient and their relatives and ensuring standards of care and patient safety are maintained.
- You will also ensure the patient is transferred to onward care be this as a day case or an inpatient in a timely manner.
- We also have High Dependency patients through the unit and you will be expected to care for these patients when competent and able to do so.
As a competency based department we endeavour to develop staff to be the best they can be whilst preserving standards and maintaining patient safety.
The department is supported by dynamic Practice Educator's as well as a senior management Team that believes in learning from excellence and open communication.
There will be opportunity for personal development and potential rotation through Theatre, ICU and Day Surgery..
Torbay Hospital is a DGH and covers many different surgical specialities and all patient age ranges.
Why work with usJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
- Registered Nurse (NMC) / Registered Operating Department Practitioner (HCPC)
- Post registration theatre/PACU experience and / or qualification
- Ability to assess, plan and evaluate patient care
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- IT Skills
- Evidence of continuous education and professional development
- Mentorship qualification
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Research and development awareness
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Multiskilling - demonstrate competency in anaesthetics, surgery and recovery
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.