An exciting opportunity for a project support officer to join the programme delivery team in Digital Services. The trust has set an ambitious digital strategy over the next five years with investment in technology to support the digital transformation programme of work. This role will be aligned to the Trusts digital Patient Portal implementation programme.
The Programme Delivery Team is responsible for delivery of multiple projects including strategic and operational where IT is an enabler tosupport service modernisation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective coordination of project documentation and for arranging project board(s) and project team meetings, organisation and facilitation of project workshops and events. The candidate must be able to apply effective configuration management to project libraries, ensure governance processes are applied to the project and provide a quality assurance function over project products and documentation.
The post holder is required to be a team player and a pro-active individual with the ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives. You must be able to communicate and interact at all levels of staff within the organisation.Main duties of the job
The main duties responsibilities will involve:
o The co-ordination and monitoring of project activities and tasks. Ensuring all project documentation is up to date as well as support the production of highlight reporting in line with the PRINCE2 Project Management methodology.o Supporting and carrying out impact analysis for any software version or configuration changes.o Ensuring the effective co-ordination of the project(s) and be responsible for assisting in the development of new working practices by facilitating workshops, documenting and refining business process, developing procedures, testing and training materials, facilitating testing anddelivering training and support.o Ensuring the project team/ board meetings are organised and informed of project progress through regular workstream reporting and communication.o Establishing and maintaining the project(s) documentation library(s).o Producing and maintaining lessons learnt logs.o Producing and maintaining project plans and other project documentation (under the direction of the Project Manager).o Contributing to the successful delivery of complex project workstreams to planned timescales, defined standards and quality expectations.o Liaising with internal teams and external Suppliers to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated and to resolve issues.o Monitoring and evaluating the impact of service changes on working practices and patient care.About us
We manage three major locality hospitals at North Tyneside, Wansbeck and Hexham, plus a number of smaller community hospitals and clinics from Tynemouth to Berwick on Tweed, in addition to our state-of-the-art Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital, the first of its kind in England. We also care for people in their homes and provide services from facilities in local communities such as health centres. We give people greater choice and control over their care to help them to live independently at home and avoid hospital admission where appropriate. High quality patient care is at the heart of everything we do and we strive to ensure every single patient and service user has an exceptional experience with us. We have one of the most extensive patient experience programmes of any trust in England.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- The Project Support Officer will work in a supportive role to the Project Manager(s) and Change Manager(s) to support the implementation, development and maintenance of tasks relating to Digital Services projects.
- The Programme Delivery Team provides support to multiple projects where IT is an enabler to support service modernisation. The Project Support Officer will be required to build, configure test, train and support users with digital solutions. Therefore, the Project Support Officer should have a good awareness of digital solutions, concepts and trends.
- The prime responsibilities will be to co-ordinate and monitor project activities and tasks.
- Configure, test, train and support users on Informatics solutions.
- Carry out impact analysis for any software version or configuration changes.
- Ensure the effective co-ordination of the project(s) and be responsible for assisting in the development of new working practices by facilitating workshops, documenting and refining business process, developing procedures, testing and training materials, facilitating testing and delivering training and support.
- Assist the Project Manager or Change Manager in the production of highlight reports and other key project documentation.
- Ensure that the project team/ board are organised and informed of project progress through regular workstream reporting and communication.
- Establish and maintain the project(s) documentation library(s). Ensure that all core project logs are kept up to date.
- Produce and maintain core project documentation, to include: project risk, issue, exception and lessons learnt logs in line with the PRINCE2 project management methodology.
- Produce and maintain project plans and other project documentation (under the direction of the Project Manager).
- Contribute to the successful delivery of complex project workstreams to planned timescales, defined standards and quality expectations.
- Ensure that all project documentation is completed to the standards set out by the Information Governance, Projects Manager and Change Manager.
- Liaise with internal teams and external Suppliers to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated and to resolve issues.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of service changes on working practices and patient care.
- The post holder will regularly participate in system testing and training.
- Proactively identify issues and act on feedback to understand issues, problem solve and recommend solutions.
- Support with process mapping and simple change management tools and techniques to determine the right solution.
- Build and maintain networks across the Trust and strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Deputise for the Project Manager / Change Manager as and when required.
- Ownership of learning and quality improvement and (c) facilitates team working and collaboration within teams / departments and across organisational boundaries.
- Education to Degree level or above (or relevant experience)
- Previous project management experience
- Change management and benefits realisation experience.
- Experience of using a range of informatics solutions and systems.
- Experience of production of policy and procedures.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of production of training documentation, testing scripts, policy and procedures.
- Experience of Informatics configuration, testing and training would be desirable
- PRINCE2, project management, (or equivalent experience) and change management methodologies
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Cobalt Business Exchange
Cobalt Park Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.