This is an exciting opportunity to work within an established community Older Person's mental health team covering the Torbay area of South Devon (Torquay, Paignton and Brixham)
You will use your skills and experience to deliver person centred care which inspires hope and recovery. You will play a key role in a multi-disciplinary team, working with multiple agencies on a daily basis. You will be confident to work independently and safely within lone-working protocols to devise recovery plans for the people under your care.
You will receive regular supervision to support your progression within this role and identify any training needs which could help you.Main duties of the job
The role will include assessments, diagnosis, treatment and reviews for anyone over the age of 65 years who has been referred to the Mental Health Service. This will include functional and organic presentations.
You will be responsible for your own caseload and be able to demonstrate good organisational skills and resilience within this complex mental health field.About usAbout Devon Partnership Trust
We provide mental health, learning disability and neurodiversity services, as well as a range of specialist & secure services for the wider south west region & nationally. We are passionate about promoting good mental health & wellbeing. We strive to use the expertise & resources within our organisation, and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe & focused on people's recovery.
We are committed to developing a culture of coproduction, involving patients, families & carers in everything we doOur values
We not only recruit based on qualifications & experience - we recruit individuals who possess & demonstrate the behaviours which underpin our Trusts core values. These include such attributes as showing a commitment to quality of care, improving lives of others, giving respect, dignity & compassion. We can bring those values to life in our everyday tasks by giving a smile making time for people challenging ourselves & others, & being open to new ideas.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer & applications are encouraged & welcomed from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics as governed by the Equality Act 2010. Part time & flexible working applications will be considered & supported, where possible. We particularly encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health conditions, neurodiversity or learning disabilities. We are a Disability Confident Leader.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification which will provide further information on this role. Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Essential criteria
- Substantial experience of managing an extensive and complex caseload of clients with a range of complex mental health presentations. Working within a community mental health setting in either the statutory or voluntary sector. Mentoring students in line with professional requirements
- Providing clinical supervision. Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-agency environment. Participation in user involvement in services. Experience of delivering model based psychological therapy
- Essential criteria
- QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING A professional mental health qualification and registration e.g. RMN, Social Work Degree or equivalent, BSc/Diploma in OT, SROT
- Desirable criteria
- Community Nursing Degree Non-Medical Prescriber and/or another recognised therapy qualification Post graduate qualification relevant to specialism. Clinical Supervision qualification. Training to level 3 in Safeguarding Adults and children and young people: roles and competencies for Health Care staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An understanding of the Mental Health Act/ Mental Health Capacity Act requirements. An understanding of the CPA Process Understanding of community structures and Health and Social Care Agenda for Older Adults Understanding of recovery principles in Mental Health Understanding of the organic presentations in Older People
Devon Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.