Are you interested in communication and language development in children?
Our Bright Start Islington Integrated Service has a Health Visitor Clinical Lead vacancy working on Getting Ready for School.
This exciting new post involves working as a Health Visitor in one of our integrated teams and working as a Clinical Lead Health Visitor approximately one day a week focussing on the Getting Ready for School public health agenda. This role is a fantastic development opportunity which will enable you to get involved in shaping and delivering on the local strategy.
You will be working within the Bright Start North Health Visiting Team who will support your practice as a clinical lead.
We are interested in your aspirations and supporting your career development so come and find out more.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme for a geographical area within the Bright Start locality carrying out evidence-based child and family health assessments and develop child/family health plans in partnership with families and other key partners.
You will be working alongside colleagues as part of an identified strategy group to develop the vision and service delivery plans for the high impact area of supporting communication development by narrowing the word gap and ensuring children are Ready to Learn.
You will work alongside the clinical specialists and others to ensure that the training, support, protocols and policy agreed are embedded locally across the integrated teams and Bright Start localities.
You will be involved in the development and delivery of a quality assurance framework relating to your specialist area of interest to ensure we are all providing a safe, effective and quality service.About us
Whittington Health serves a richly diverse population and works hard to ensure that all our services are fair and equally accessible to everyone. Nowhere is this more obvious than in the way we look after our staff. We aim to employ a workforce which is as representative as possible of this population, so we are open to the value of differences in age, disability, gender, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, sexual orientation, and religion or belief. The Trustbelieves that as a public sector organisation we have an obligation to have recruitment, training, promotion and other formal employment policies and procedures that are sensitive to these differences. We think that by doing so, we are better able to treat our patients as well as being a better place to work.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the Job Description and the Person Specification for further details about the job role. If you are unable to access the PDF, the details of the job description can also be found in the 'Detailed Job Description and Main responsibilities' section.Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- Health Visiting Professional Qualification, with entry onto the 3rd part of the NMC Register
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- IHV SLT communication facilitator course.
- Leadership modules (L6/7)
- Parenting Programme facilitator course
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Excellent communication skills: IT written and oral
- Willingness to lead and support management of change.
- High levels of clinical skills, with the ability to identify, respond to and evaluate health needs, including the delivery of public health programmes.
- Evidence of application of high levels of knowledge and skills relating to emotional and physical wellbeing during the antenatal period.
- Evidence of application of high levels of knowledge and skills relating to the issues and concerns associated with school readiness.
- Knowledge of use and limitations of ASQ tools.
- Knowledge of current legislation and national guidance relating to all aspects of the Healthy Child Programme
- Knowledge of the Play, Chat, Read programme.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and skills in managing change at an operational level.
Whittington Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Hornsey Rise Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.