Band 7 Clinical Nurse Specialist Acute Oncology Service Acute Oncology(AO) is an exciting and developing specialty within South East Wales. We are actively recruiting to our expanding Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (UHB) team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, innovative and motivated Band 7 Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) to deliver excellent clinical and patient experience outcomes across both main UHB sites working as core members of the AO multi-professional team.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will provide exceptional quality, person centred care to support early, timely and effective care for patients presenting with complications of cancer/treatment and MUO/CUP. The role involves working autonomously as an expert in the field providing advice and support to patients and clinical teams.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.About usCardiff and Vale University Health Board
is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission is Caring for People, Keeping People Well,
and our vision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiff and the Vale offers the best of both worldsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level nurse registration
- Evidence of CPD
- MSc or equivalent experience
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- Demonstrable experience in relevant specialty
- significant post registration experience
- Experience of managing own caseload in relevant specialty
- Evidence of excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate sound IT skills
- Evidence of managing self and development
- Demonstrate ability to influence within and outside of service, across multi/inter disciplinary groups
- Involvement in audit and research
- Evidence of presenting work within and outside the organisation
- Evidence of specific knowledge and skills in speciality
- IQT silver or equivalent
- Evidence of ability to motivate, influence change, support staff and evaluate services
- Evidence of professional and personal development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
- Ability to speak welsh
Cardiff and Vale University Health BoardAddress
University Hospital of Wales and University Hospital Llandough
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.