We are a teaching hospital in partnership with Keele University and a patient-centred clinical research facility providing state-of-the-art facilities. We specialise in cancer diagnosis and treatment, cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, renal and dialysis, neonatal and also paediatric intensive care.
We have Midwife vacancies on our Nurse Bank, which will give you an opportunity to work within our maternity Services who deliver around 450 babies per month.Main duties of the job
- Will work within the context of this post in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) codes of practice and the University Hospitals of North Midlands Trust policies, procedures, standards and guidance.
- Keep abreast of issues related to the post and ensure that these are reflected in practice.
- Maintain professional registrations with NMC and undertake appropriate clinical practice to maintain registrations.
- Provide expert clinical advice to patients / families / staff/visitors.
- Identify areas of professional development to meet the changing needs of the service user and in accordance with contemporary professional practice.
- To participate in personal objective setting and review, including the creation of a personal development plan. Ensure personal development links to Service Improvement and Divisional and Trust policies.
- At all times, maintain and promote professional standards of dress and behaviour.
Have you seen UHNM on Chanel Five, Critical Care Documentary series ? - this is a brilliant opportunity to become involved at UHNM to support and care for our patients and more importantly, to save lives.
Do you want to work in an Acute Hospital that cares for over two million people who come to us for Emergency treatment, planned operations and medical care. More than 165,000 patients attend our A& E department and many emergency patients are brought to us from a wide area by both helicopter and land ambulance because of our Major Trauma Centre status
There has never been a more exciting time to join the UHNM. We can also support anyone wishing to move into a more permanent post via the bank if you feel that you want to take on a permanent role in one of our ward areas
We are presently able to offer a comprehensive hourly rate with some premium shifts earning up to �30.99 per hour (Sunday)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To assess, develop, implement and evaluate nursing and midwifery care for women and babies within the ward/department/community in order to provide and maintain a high standard of informed and effective holistic care under the guidance of the Ward/Department Manager or deputy.
- To promote and empower women to make appropriate choices regarding their care and act as their advocate when necessary.
- To work autonomously as a midwife practitioner throughout the whole spectrum of maternity care for the low risk woman.
- To be able to assess and make professional judgements when a womans risk category changes to high risk and liaise with the relevant medical specialist. To continue to care for the high risk woman with the medical specialist.
- To rotate on a regular basis to maintain skills in all aspects of maternity care including the intrapartum period and meet the needs of an integrated service.
- Provide continuity of care, advice and support throughout pregnancy, labour and the postnatal period to an assigned caseload.
Please refer to the Job Description for a more comprehensive list of all requirementsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential ExperienceEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- At least 12 months post registration experience in an acute trust
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Stoke on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.