Interviews will be held on 31st Oct 2023
This is an exciting time of growth and change within East Berkshire NHS Trust as our CAMH service is currently working collaboratively with children and young people, and partners to deliver the Governments Programme for mental health support to be available in schools.
To support the development of our newly established Mental Help Support Teams, we are looking to recruit a E
ducation Mental Health Practitioner to be based in Slough.
In line with the Government's priority to increase access and availability of mental health and wellbeing support for children and young people, the new Education Mental Health Practitioner (EMHP) role is an exciting opportunity to deliver evidence-based early interventions for children and young people, working across both educational settings and healthcare sectors in England.Main duties of the job
- Deliver evidence-based intervention for children and young people in education setting with mild to moderate mental health problems
- Helping children and young people within these settings who present with more severe problems to rapidly access more specialist services
- Supporting and facilitating staff in education settings to identify and where appropriate manage issues related to mental health and wellbeing
- Working with and within education environments to afford better access to specialist mental health services
- As a qualified EMHP be confident in the use of CYP IAPT principles, evidence-based interventions and routine outcome measures.
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust isa specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer.We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust sites
The must haves for this role:
- be friendly, self-motivated, and self-organising,
- be confident in working in a multiagency setting, working collaboratively with colleagues in schools and across the wider system,
- enjoy regular collaboration with your peers and the senior colleagues to whom you report
- as a person, will always be looking for new or better ways to deliver care and be keen to learn, and
- most of all will have a calm, friendly and compassionate outlook and have a keen interest in working in a schools setting.
If youre someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and lets be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please dont hesitate to email Jade Hens on email@example.com wholl be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
- Post Graduate Diploma - through completion of Education Mental Health Practitioner (EMHP) training.
- Proven record of previous academic attainment i.e. undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Good solid basic literacy and numeracy qualifications at a minimum of level 2 or equivalent
- Evidence of training/qualifications relating to working with children, young people and families
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working with children and young people with mental health issues
- Worked in a service where targets were agreed and progress towards the targets were used to demonstrate outcomes.
- Demonstrates an understanding and can identify common mental health issues experienced by children and young people
- Ability to personally manage a sensitive, traumatic and potentially emotionally distressing caseload
- Good understanding of routine outcome measures with children young people and families
- Ability to demonstrate how to effectively put training into practice
- Able to develop good professional relationships with colleagues inside and beyond child and adolescent mental health services e.g. schools, local authority
- Knowledge of the educational system in England
- Knowledge of children and young people gained through academic study in child development, child wellbeing or mental health.
- Ability to learn in a variety of settings and using a variety of learning methods
- Responsive to and willing to ask for feedback and supervision
- Good organisational and time management skills, ability to plan and prioritise own workload.
- A positive approach to working with children and young people with mental health difficulties.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- An awareness of own strengths and limitations
- Ability to travel between sites and to locality meetings.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
- Car user with ability and willingness to travel to locations throughout the organisation - access to use of car.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Fluent in languages other than English
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Mental Health Support Teams - Slough
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.