Full Time = 37.5 Hours Per Week
An opportunity has arisen for a Housekeeping & Domestic Services Manager to form part of the Facilities Department management team. This is a great opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced individual who strives to deliver high quality services.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who will be expected to communicate clearly in order to create an effective, result orientated team covering housekeeping and domestic services. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated professional, who is organised, operationally minded and able to hit the ground running.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities Services, the post holder will be responsible for the management and delivery of the service ensuring that service users, staff and visitors receive very high standards of service and quality.
Applicants should have strong general operational management skills and experience including working knowledge of health and safety, purchasing systems and budget controls.
A flexible approach, demonstrating reliability and commitment at all times whilst working within a demanding, challenging environment is essential.Main duties of the job
Responsible for the management and delivery of the service in line with the National Standards of Healthcare Cleanliness 2021.
To manage the operational delivery of the department including the leadership of a team of supervisors and approximately 80 housekeeping and domestic staff across a number of sites within South Yorkshire. This will include recruitment, training, appraisals and any grievance and disciplinary matters.
This post will have responsibility for departmental budgets, including purchasing of materials, chemicals and machinery.1x 37.5 hr Housekeeping and Domestic Services Manager
This post is predominantly Monday to Friday although flexibility is required to fulfil the needs of the businessAll employees of the Trust are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect patientsAbout us
We are a specialist NHS Foundation Trust that provides community, mental health and learning disability services for the people of Barnsley, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. We also provide low and medium secure services and are the lead for the west Yorkshire secure provider collaborative.
Our mission is to help people reach their potential and live well in their communities, we do this by providing high-quality care in the right place at the right time. We employ staff in both clinical and non-clinical services who work hard to make a difference to the lives of service users, families and carers.We encourage and welcome applications from all protected characteristic groups, we value diversity and want our workforce to be reflective of our communities.
Being a foundation Trust means were accountable to our members, who can have a say in how were run. Around 14,300 local people (including staff) are members of our Trust.
Join us and you will be one of over 4,500 staff committed to supporting and improving the mental, physical and social needs of the thousands of people we meet and help each year.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all colleagues and volunteers to share this commitment.
We do reserve to right to close vacancy before the advertised closing date if necessary, so please apply as soon as possible.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJOB SUMMARY
Responsible for the management and delivery of a domestic service to in line with National Specifications for Cleanliness in the NHS. To ensure services are delivered in accordance with service level agreements. Management responsibility for the departmental budgets.KEY RESULT AREAS:
- To manage the day to day activities of the Housekeeping/Domestic Services Department including the workload management, recruitment induction, training and development, appraisal, grievance and disciplinary matters for all staff in the department.
- To action any failures following the quality monitoring audits within specified timescales, reporting the outcome to the nominated personnel.
- Responsible for the provision of housekeeping and domestic services and delivery of NHS Specification for Cleanliness / Infection Control.
- Responsible for the management of all consumables and equipment within the area of responsibility in accordance with the Trusts financial instructions ensuring auditable documentation is in place.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the annual Housekeeping/Domestic Services Patient Satisfaction Survey.
- To ensure rotas provide adequate staff to cover including provision of domestic specialist cleaning team service to meet the needs of the BDU.
- Responsible for negotiation of external window cleaning and operational contract management.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the facilities service business plan.
- Responsible for developing, implementation and monitoring of departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Assist in the annual PLACE (Patient led assessment of the care environment) assessment process.
- Active member of the Clinical Risk / Governance steering groups, Facilities Management Team, Trust Infection Control Forum, and the Association of Healthcare Cleaning Professionals (AHCP).
- Day to day resolution of contract issues and monitoring performance of contracted services against specifications and agreed standards.
- Planning and deployment of mobile cleaning teams and development of annual deep clean programme, ensuring availability of a 24/7 response to out of hours emergencies.
- Ensure the service is timely, of the required quality and in accordance with Service Level Agreement, contractual specifications and Trust requirements. Undertake monitoring of the services to verify that the service providers obligations are being discharged and take remedial action if applicable.
- Review training and development of all staff, so all staff have a personal development plan, and support staff in reaching their full potential as identified through the appraisal process.
- Manage and control the domestic service key performance indicators, providing monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Head of Soft FM.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards, identify recommend, develop and implement new ways to increase organisational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety and / or cost savings.
For full Job Description, please see the attached in 'Supporting Information'.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Any other duties that are deemed commensurate with this post.
- Minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Management or able to demonstrate competencies at this level.
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate (or to be completed within 6 months of appointment).
- NVQ Level 2 in Cleaning Support Services
- Evidence of continuous development and training.
- Ability to undertake the duties and demands of the post. A satisfactory sickness record over the previous 2 years (subject to the need to act with fairness and equality of opportunity, particularly where the sickness is related to a disability and/or pregnancy).
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Dedicated and committed to service improvement.
- Flexible working attitude towards working arrangements.
- Ability to travel and work in different locations.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Substantial operational management experience ideally in NHS environment.
- Experience of working with computer systems.
- Substantial demonstrable experience managing and maintaining budgets including staffing, purchasing goods and supplies.
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety and Risk Assessments.
- Ability to work on own initiative and deal with complex reports and data.
- Evidence of effective communication skills both written and oral.
- Evidence of proven organisational skills with the ability to plan and prioritise work to meet own and departmental deadlines.
- Ability to develop systems, set, monitor and maintain quality standards.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of National Specifications for Cleanliness in the NHS.
- Knowledge of PLACE.
South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.