We are looking for Occupational Therapist who is keen to gain clinical experience within the field of Cardiothoracics and respiratory as a Band 6 within a forward-thinking, supportive and friendly Adult Therapy Service.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for OT and a desire to actively participate in all aspects of the role. You must be willing and able to lead on various elements of the work and training within this exciting area of OT. You must be an effective team player with excellent communication and organizational skills and be able to demonstrate evidence of recent professional learning.
In all areas, you will be able to access senior OT professional support and opportunities for clinical professional training and development. There will also be opportunities to enhance skills in cognitive and behavioral assessments as part specialist rotational training.
If you are interested in the role and believe you hold the qualities we require, then apply today!Main duties of the job
Support Occupational Therapy provision on the Essex Cardiothoracic unit specifically
- Cognitive and functional assessment of out of hospital cardiac arrest patients
- Assessment of surgical patients to facilitate safe discharge home
- Rehabilitation of Critical care patients both on CCU and following step down to level 1 and 2 areas
- Cross cover to medical wards as require
You will provide specialist assessment and management skills of an Occupational Therapist, working with other members of the MDT to provide evidence-based patient centered care. You will provide leadership and supervision to junior staff, students and non qualified staff.About us
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progressJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details about this varied and rewarding role, please see attached job description, but some of the responsibilities include
- To work as part of Integrated Team of Therapists across a range of specialists. To provide specialist assessment and management skills of an Occupational Therapist, working with other members of the MDT to provide evidence-based patient centered care. To provide leadership and supervision to junior staff, students and non-qualified staff.
- You will be responsible for assessing patients using standardized and practice based outcome, discussing patient agreed goals and expectations, delivering highly skilled treatments and providing education for both patients and carers. You will also be responsible for ensuring safe and timely discharges for patients in each of the clinical areas. As part of a Band 6 role, you will also be responsible for supervising Band 5 therapists and assistants, taking students and will contribute towards service development
- Please note, our services run over seven days. Shift patterns vary between services and are currently 08:30 16:30 or 08:00-18:00.
Professional MembershipEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential
- Diploma or Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Relevant, broad experience at Band 5 level
Employer detailsEmployer name
- worked within NHS setting or similar
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.