Our colleagues voted Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust as the Acute Trust staff would most recommend as a place to work anywhere in the East and West Midlands for five years running, and we are recruiting now.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a ward-based Pharmacy Medicines Management Technician (MMT) working within Sherwood Forest Hospitals based at our Newark Hospital Site. Within Pharmacy at Sherwood Forest Hospitals we can offer successful candidates:
- Robust training plan during induction with full support from the department's education and training team.
- Career progression opportunities including leadership development, opportunity to sign up for Trust training courses relevant to job role, coaching and mentoring skills, quality improvement.
- Enhanced patient counselling training including anticoagulant counselling.
- Exposure to helping Senior Technicians with the recruitment process.
- Access to department and Trust wellbeing champions and resources.
- Opportunity to attend annual Pharmacy Congress.
- Attendance at departments monthly medicines management technician forum, encouraging sharing of learning and ideas.
Main duties of the job
- Be a Registered Pharmacy Technician with the GPhC.
- Hold BTEC/NVQ Level 3 in Pharmaceutical Sciences (or equivalent).
- Have experience working as a qualified Pharmacy Technician.
Our ward-based clinical services are extremely well developed, and we expect our MMTs to assist our clinical pharmacists in ensuring the optimal use of medicines for our patients.
Our ethos over recent years has been to provide Pharmacy services close to patients and make the best use of the skills of our staff. As a result, our MMTs spend the majority of their time working within clinical pharmacy teams at ward level.
Ward-based MMT duties include:
- Assessing patient's own medicines.
- Electronic ordering of medicines.
- Confirming medication histories with patients.
- Counselling patients about new medicines.
- Liaising with clinical pharmacists, multidisciplinary team (MDT) members, and primary care colleagues.
- Assisting ward staff in the safe use of medicines.
- Ward controlled drug checks and returns.
There will also be an opportunity to cover dispensary-based tasks which will include, labelling and dispensing prescriptions including controlled drugs, final accuracy checking of dispensed medicines, and counselling out-patients on the use of their medicines.About us
This individual will undergo training primarily at the King's Mill Hospital site to enable them to deliver a high standard of clinical pharmacy services to our patients. Once training has been completed, the successful applicant will then move to their base at Newark Hospital working a minimum of 2 and a half days per week on this site.
Newark Hospital is a great community hospital with a close-knit feel that also offers a wide range of experience and opportunity. The hospital runs several outpatient clinics, provides children's services, a women's centre with community-based midwives, therapy services, sexual health clinics, phlebotomy, and pre-operative assessment services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more details, please read the attached job description and person specification documentsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BTEC/NVQ Level 3 in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English, Maths and Science
- Clinical Qualification in Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Flexibility in working hours
- Ability to work weekends/bank holidays/late nights
- Car owner with current driving licence
- Knowledge within a specialism
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical technical procedures
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- IT/Keyboard Skills
- Significant post qualification experience working as a registered technician
- Experience as an accredited checking technician
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational/time management/prioritisation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- One stop dispensing/ward supply
- Supervisory ability
- Training ability
- Significant hospital experience as registered technician
- Good IT skills
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Newark on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.