We are looking for an enthusiastic Band 6 Physiotherapist to join our Intermediate Care Rehabilitation Therapy Team based within the East Dorset Locality.
The role is to provide Physiotherapy treatment to patients with acute illness to prevent unnecessary admission to hospital, facilitate complex discharges from hospitals and support patients with Long Term Conditions, predominately working within the community but may need to work on the ward within the local Community Hospital. You will need to hold a valid UK Driving License and have access to a car.
As a Band 6 Physiotherapist you will have the opportunity to develop your discipline specific skill.
Develop skills in holistic assessing beyond the scope of your traditional Physiotherapy practice.
Develop your supervisory, leadership and service development skills.
There will be opportunity to support students and assistant staff to help with their development.
So, if you're looking for an employer that is working to push beyond and remove traditional boundaries and barriers bringing rehabilitation/care to patients when and where they need it, and you want to work alongside motivated, passionate and visionary colleagues, then come and join usMain duties of the job
To provide Physiotherapy assessment and treatment to people in their own homes, care homes or on Community Hospital wards, dependant on Locality.
To provide a high-quality person-centred approach to care delivery which always considers people's safety, privacy and dignity.
To provide specialist care and interventions, assessments, treatments and managing patients on a caseload, as part of the wider multi-disciplinary care team.
To provide specialist advice to others regarding the management and care of patients / service users.
To devise specialist programmes of care for other professionals to deliver and ensure they are delivered appropriately.
To plan, implement and review health improvement programmes in a range of settings.
Provide supervision, mentorship, training and clinical support to students and trained practitioners. Recommend a friend or family member and earn cash
Do you have a friend or family member you would recommend to join us? Or do you know someone who wants to return to practice in the NHS? If the person you refer is appointed by the Trust and completes their probationary period you will receive �500 reward payment for the introduction! Please contact the recruitment team if you require further info!
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post. As part of our vision to have a skilled, diverse and caring workforce, Dorset HealthCare is working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we are offering an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. If you would like or know of anyone who would value this support please do contact email@example.comPerson SpecificationKnowledge, skills & trainingEssential
- Registered practitioner to degree/diploma level supplemented by post registration diploma level specialist training and/or short courses or demonstrable extensive experience in the relevant specialty
- Membership of the relevant Professional Body
- Evidence of recent professional development in an up-to-date portfolio
Job Specific ExperienceEssential
- Learning and Assessing in Practice Qualification or equivalent practice assessors training
- Non-Medical Prescriber
- Knowledge and understanding of Trust Strategy relevant to role
- Experience at Practitioner Band 5 level
- Demonstrable knowledge of assessment and therapeutic interventions in area of specialism
- Able to demonstrate specialist clinical reasoning skills to assimilate information in order to make a clinical judgement regarding diagnosis and intervention
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload effectively
- Recent previous experience within a comparable role
- Experience of managing change
Personal Qualities / AttributesEssential
- Experience of providing clinical supervision and mentoring to junior staff
- Experience of devising and delivering training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of planning and organising complex activities, e.g. organise own time and that of junior staff and learners, planning off duty rotas and undertaking discharge planning involving co-ordination with other agencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation relevant to practice
- Demonstrable ability of using tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrable ability to analyse situations and provide a resolution
- Demonstrable leadership qualities and the ability to perform as a role model
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Leonards Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.