Permanent Community Nurse Band 5 - Community Clinic, Havering
Are you looking for a fresh challenge, are you committed to the delivery of high quality patient care and keen to be part of a team where your ideas and opinions are valued then look no further.
NELFT are seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated Registered Nurses to complement our skill mix within the CHCS across Havering. The Community Nurse will support with the provision of holistic health care as delegated within own level of agreed competency, to patients, families/Carers in their own homes, to include residential care homes and in nurse led clinics. If you are an overseas qualified nurse and wanting to start your journey to becoming a UK based registered nurse with the NMC, you can check whether you are eligible to be supported through our Capital Nurse consortium. Please visit https://www.capitalnurselondon.co.uk/how-to-apply/. Whilst NELFT is happy to welcome overseas nurses we are unable to consider your application directly. You should submit your interest and apply through the Capital Nurse London group.Main duties of the job
The role encompasses treatment, advice and teaching within the professional competence of the post holder and applicants need to demonstrate a commitment to the provision of high quality evidence based care. The ideal candidate must be a registered nurse (Part 1) and will work as a member of the integrated community health care team, working within and across professional and organisational boundaries. Liaising with GPs, other professionals and statutory and voluntary agencies he/she will deliver individualised care to patients under the supervision of the District Nurse.Essential criteria for this post include:oThe ability to work as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary Primary Health Care Team, oAbility to demonstrate knowledge of key issues in Primary Care ServicesoExcellent verbal and written communication skills.About usCOVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families. Probationary Period
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff). Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focussing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham Essex High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (with a minimum of �4,108 to a maximum of �5,177 ).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The post holder will demonstrate an awareness of current evidence based approaches to patient care and be actively involved in the development of local strategies and contribute to Service improvement and redesignNELFT has a multi-cultural and ethnically diverse population which offers a wide spectrum of healthcare challenges which can be both complex and rewarding. As part of our Community Health Service commitment to improve the working lives of our staff we offer flexible working arrangements, childcare vouchers, family-friendly policies and staff benefits including an excellent pension scheme.We are committed to providing a culture of continuous learning, which actively supports the professional and personal development of our staff.Applicants will have NMC Registration and demonstrate the ability to innovate and motivate. Applicants are required to evidence a full UK driving licence and the ability to travel to a variety of sites (This criteria will be reasonably adjusted to meet the requirements of a disabled applicant). This position involves working weekends & some bank holidays. If you are an overseas qualified nurse and wanting to start your journey to becoming a UK based registered nurse with the NMC, you can check whether you are eligible to be supported through our Capital Nurse consortium. Please visit https://www.capitalnurselondon.co.uk/how-to-apply/. Whilst NELFT is happy to welcome overseas nurses we are unable to consider your application directly. You should submit your interest and apply through the Capital Nurse London group.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent standard of literacy and numeracy
- Current NMC R/N or any other 1st level Nursing,RN12 Adult qualification
- Evidence of the post- registration education and training
- Mentor qualification
- Relevant post registration course e.g. Wound management, diabetes, leg ulcer care, continence care and assessment
- Nurse Prescriber (V150)
- Experience of working with professionals from other disciplines necessary
- Experience of working as a member of a team but also able to work autonomously
- Experience of providing packages of care, which involve other agencies
- Reflective Practitioner
- 1 year post registration experience
- Community Nursing Experience
- Experience of teaching and assessing students and other members of staff
- Experience of acting up in the absence of team leader in caseload and team management
- An awareness of NHS Plan, NSF and clinical governance priorities
- The content and application in practice of the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Able to initiate patient assessment and care planning with the support of a senior colleague
- Able to work with patients and carers as partners in care
- Understanding of Primary/Integrated Care.
- Leadership and Management development potential.
- IT literate e.g. Word processing, internet and e-mail use.
- Basic awareness of IT and IT skills
- Able to move and handle patients in accordance with Organisation Manual handling policy and with sufficient mobility for a community role
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to provide evidence based care that is responsive to patient need
- Able to use own initiative and make decisions
- Experience of coping with change.
- Able to prioritise own work and that of the nursing team.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player
- Applicant will need to be car driver with valid UK Licence (this criteria will be reasonable adjusted to meet the requirements of a disabled applicant) and have access to a car for work purposes
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Elm Park Clinic
252 Abbs Cross Lane Hornchurch Essex RM12 4YG Telephone 07989183422
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.