Are you looking to develop your skills in Project Support and Human Resources? Are you up for a challenge and have excellent initiative, organisational and time management skills?
At Sheffield Teaching Hospitals we are implementing a new Electronic Patient Record that will transform the way that we work and care for our patients. The People and Resourcing function of the 'Connect Programme' is key to the success of the project and we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to support the People and Resourcing Lead in delivering on all aspects of this function within the programme.
Working under the guidance of the People and Resourcing Lead you will support the ongoing recruitment to programme roles from advert to appointment and provide more general project support, through which you will gain exposure to a wide variety of project and HR practices including Recruitment, Organisational Change and Staff Engagement.
This vacancy is advertised on a fixed term contract basis for a period of up to 10 Months until 3 November 2024, due to the post being recruited as part of a limited term project within the Trust. The fixed term contract status of the post holder will be reviewed in accordance with the Trust's legal obligations regarding fixed term contracts taking into consideration the requirement for the post to be maintained as a part of the project's implementation and the timescales associated with this.Main duties of the job
We are looking for someone who wants to develop their career in project support and HR and has an aptitude for putting together new processes and working flexibly to achieve objectives. We are looking for someone who has great organisational skills, is good with handling data and HR documentation and ideally has experience of supporting recruitment, using an online recruitment system (preferably TRAC), although TRAC training will be provided. There is a need for the post holder to work to tight deadlines and to keep track of programme tasks on a daily basis and liaise with both internal and external stakeholders, so good communication skills are essential.About us
We would welcome applications from colleagues who wish to apply for this position on a secondment basis. If this applies to you, then please discuss approval for this with your line manager before making an application.
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the post and role. Please ensure your application clearly demonstrates how you meet the role's essential criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent level experience,
- Evidence of continuing development and professional commitment to training
- Project Management Qualification
- CIPD Membership or Registration
- Proven experience equivalent to this acquired in a HR Department in a large organisation
- Experience of working in a customer service driven HR Department as part of a specialist team
- Working knowledge of employment legislation including a strong working knowledge of the NHS Agency Framework and Home Office Immigration requirements and Disclosure and Barring Checks
- Comprehensive experience in implementing NHS Employment Check Standards
- Experience of online recruitment systems and payroll systems
- Experience of supporting recruitment within a large organisation from advert to appointment
- Experience of managing a project workload or equivalent evidence of managing a workload which is time sensitive and involves a number of stakeholders both internal and externa
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience in document management and control
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working knowledge of AFC terms and conditions
- Developed IT skills including Microsoft office and the ability to create reports and present data
- Understanding of the NHS Agency Framework, IR35 rules and Tier 2 Immigration regulations and Sponsorship process
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northern General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.