We are looking to appoint an organised and adaptable individual who has NHS experience or relevant transferable skills, good people management skills and experience of working in a team. The ideal candidate will have high levels of personal resilience and be a creative problem-solver. The ability to think outside of the box, with a solution focused mindset is essential to the success in this role. This post open to those wishing to develop, including and not limited to any graduating NHS management trainees wishing to apply. This is a demanding position, but one which will offer excellent opportunities for career development and progression.
We encourage any applicants with questions to make contact via email, to the recruiting manager for this post.Main duties of the job
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Speciality Manager (Band 7) within the division of Family & Specialised Services at the RUH.
The Family & Specialised Service Division is looking to appoint a motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic individual to the role of Senior Speciality Manager. This is a chance for an individual to progress and experienced team, working in a fast paced and high profile service that represents a key performance area for the Trust.
You will be working closely alongside clinical and administrative teams to ensure the smooth day to day running and development of services. As you can expect from this type of role, your responsibilities will be varied and will include operational responsibility for the delivery of key divisional and organisational targets, being a primary contact for patient concerns, providing monthly activity and performance reports, taking part in the bed management rota and line management of a number of administrative staff.
We are looking for an individual with experience in operational management in the NHS who is keen to develop at a band 7 level. The candidate will have an excellent understanding of both Divisional and Trust clinical and operational pressures.The successful candidate will be working alongside colleagues in the following specialties Gynaecology, Oncology, Haematology, Obstetrics, Maternity, Neonatology, Paediatrics, Breast, Sexual Health and Pharmacy.About us
At the RUH we're proud to put people at the heart of what we do, working together as one team to make a difference for our patients, each other, and our community. No matter what your role is, we value everyone's contribution in supporting the exceptional, person-centred care we pride ourselves on.
We are committed to creating a compassionate and inclusive environment. This can be seen in our growing community of staff networks - celebrating successes and creating opportunities to listen and learn. We value our differences, champion kindness and civility, and truly believe that diversity makes us stronger.
A culture of learning, developing and innovating is the thread that runs throughout our whole organisation. We want to support you to thrive, taking your career to its full potential.
We value staff wellbeing, with a well-established programme of support. We believe in a holistic approach spanning all aspects of living a healthy life, including physical, emotional, spiritual and financial wellbeing. We've even got a pool!
We are committed to supporting you and hope you want to join our team. In the meantime, find out more about living and working the beautiful historic city of Bath, learn about our extensive package of staff benefits, and read about how we're providing healthcare fit for the future with the landmark Dyson Cancer Centre and our passion for research.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached to the vacancy a detailed person specification and job description for further information about this role.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Degree Level Qualification or Equivalent In depth knowledge of Key NHS objectives and standards
- Record of continuous professional development
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Experience of working within clinical specialties
- NHS general management experience during which the knowledge and skills defined below have been achieved:
- Significant successful project management experience
- Experience in delivering key access targets
- Achievements in implementing service change and modernising service delivery
- Experience in influencing consultants/clinicians (colleagues) to change clinical practice
- Experience in being able to overcome obstacles to ensure service delivery is maintained
- Experience in meeting operational objectives
- Experience of staff management and acting on HR policies
- Experience of performance management
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant experience of managing a clinical service
- Awareness and commitment to the broad strategic direction of the NHS
- Experience of effective budget management
- Experience leading or supporting project delivery
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation TrustAddress
RUH Main Hospital Site
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.