Main duties of the job
- To participate in the computer refresh project to replace ageing computer devices across the trust.
- To build and support Desktop PCs, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones, ICT & Trust Applications and resolve requests and incidents.
- To ensure that users are fully supported in their day-to-day use of IT and to perform installations of IT equipment.
- To support the provisioning/deployment of new equipment and users including account creation and password resets.
- To resolve Incidents and Service Requests as part of the 2nd Line Technical Support group on the Trust's service management toolset.
- To provide support for Trust projects that affect the Trust applications and endpoints. This may be required as a dedicated resource for the duration of the project and will include installations, moves and changes of Trust endpoint devices and the software on those devices.
- To assist with stock maintenance including preparing equipment for delivery to the end user, receipting goods, storing equipment, disposing of redundant hardware and requisitioning.
- To maintain the endpoint configuration items on Trust ICT asset registers this will include but not be limited to the ICT configuration management database.
- Knowledge & Experience
- Significant experience of providing client facing L2 end-user support within an ICT environment that operates under the ITIL Service Management framework
- Significant Experience of the following technologies
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7/8.1 and Windows 10)
- Microsoft Office application suite (primarily 2010/2016 & O365)
- Dell Hardware, Desktop, Laptop, Apple Mac & iOS devices and their components
- Good working knowledge of MDM Solutions
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM and Active Directory.
GOSH is committed to recruiting the best person for the job, based solely on their ability and individual merit as measured against the criteria for the role through a process that is fair, open, consistent and free from bias and discrimination.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture where all staff are valued, respected and acknowledged. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability status or length of time spent unemployed.
We particularly welcome applications from BAME communities, people with disabilities and/or long-term health conditions and LGBT+ community members.
We have policies and procedures in place to ensure that all applicants and employees are treated fairly and consistently. We are proud to be accredited as a Disability Confident Employer, a member of Business Disability Forum and a Stonewall Diversity Champion.
We have active and Executive supported BAME, LGBT+ and Allies, Disability and Long-Term Health Conditions and Women's staff networks. Staff networks are employee-led groups formed around interests, issues and a common bond or background. Staff network members create a positive and inclusive work environment at Great Ormond Street Hospital by actively contributing to the Trust's mission, values and efforts specific to inclusion. All of our staff networks are open to any employee.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachments below.Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsDesirable
- Master's degree or similar level qualification
- IT V3 Expert qualification or equivalent IT Service Management qualification or equivalent experience
- IT Project Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in build and configuration of desktops and laptops
- Relevant Professional qualification and experience in ICT related disciplines
- Background working on desktop transformation projects, e.g. Windows 10 migration
- Experience working within an ICT environment that operates under the ITIL Service Management framework.
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (primarily Windows 7/8.1 and Windows 10) Microsoft Office application suite (primarily 2010/2016 & O365)
- Desktop, Laptop devices and their components
- Previous experience building a working desktop PCs & Apple Macs from component parts, upgrading individual components on a desktop/laptop device.
- Good knowledge of endpoint hardware implementation supporting Service and Project Delivery
- Basic understanding of networking fundamentals, experience of network troubleshooting and network patching
- Effective team working skills
- Good working knowledge of MDM Solutions
- Working knowledge of Server Administration 2012, 2016 and later
- Technical knowledge of Active Directory and SCCM
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Gosh Values
- Knowledge and Understanding of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.