An exciting opportunity has arisen for the position of Operating Department Practitioner (ODP).
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our well-established team of practitioners. You should possess significant experience in general surgery scrub duties. Kings Mill Hospital boasts 14 operating theatres, with an additional 3 at Newark Hospital, along with a minor operations suite. Our surgical services include Obstetrics, Emergencies, Upper GI, Vascular, Breast, Urology, ENT, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Colorectal, Orthopaedics, and Gynaecology. You will work closely with the Clinical Education Department Leader to facilitate training in accordance with HCPC standards and codes, ensuring that competency documentation remains current and up to date.
Our team is expanding, and we eagerly anticipate receiving your application for what promises to be a highly rewarding future.Main duties of the job
- Act as scrub practitioner or circulator within the General Surgery speciality covering Colorectal, Obstetrics, Endocrine, Vascular, emergencies and Upper GI.
- Access, plan, implement and evaluate holistic, high-quality, and individualised care that respects patient personal dignity and beliefs.
- Maintain a safe working environment for patients, visitors and staff
- Maintain and promote effective communication within the care team and with colleagues, patient's relatives, and visitors.
- Act as a mentor to students, including teaching and assessing, within their realm of competence, upholding the philosophy of evidence-based practice.
- Maintain a professional profile and develop skills, knowledge, and competencies adhering to the HCPC code of professional conduct and Trust policies and procedures.
- Act as a patient advocate.
Be aware of the responsibilities of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for patients, visitors and other staff members.About us
Thank you for your interest in this role.
Sherwood Forest Hospitals Trust is nationally recognised as being an excellent place to work and deliver care. We are rightly proud of the 5,500 colleagues who work here, and we are the Health Service Journal's Trust of the Year in 2020.
The Care Quality Commission rated King's Mill Hospital Outstanding and Newark, and Mansfield Community Hospitals Good. Overall, we are rated Outstanding for care.
For the last three years, we have been ranked as the best NHS Trust to work for in the Midlands and in 2020 we were the third best Acute/Community NHS Trust in England.
Happy colleagues deliver better care. Our teams work in a supportive, inclusive environment, which nurtures wellbeing and has opportunities for development and progression. We do not just care for our patients we also care for you.
All staff are expected to understand the Trust's Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy and associated Equality, Diversity and Human Rights Legislation.
We would love you to join usJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesTo see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer the job description attached.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC registered ODP at either degree or diploma level
- Clear evidence of Continued professional development.
- Diploma or degree in operating department practice
- Evidence of professional development in to the SFA role.
- Ability to work across sites when necessary
- Ability to contribute to the on-call rota and work unsociable hours
- Adhere to the HCPC conduct, performance, and ethics standard
- Experience in the peri-operative environment.
- Demonstrate up to date knowledge of General surgery scrub practice.
- Mentorship or an equivalent qualification
- Dual role - Anaesthetics and scrub
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of good communication skills with clear written and oral skills.
- Evidence of effective organisation abilities and supervisory skills
- Evidence of substantial scrub duties experience in the relevant specialities
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's Mill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.