This is a specialist server, user-device, application and hardware-oriented role within the Trust.
Primarily focusing on the holistic support of user devices, servers, applications, hardware environments and all aspects of Microsoft 365\Azure.
Providing support on a user and server level of critical Trust applications, whether hosted internally or by third parties.
Supporting projects and allocating resources for the development and implementation of new networking systems and technology, which will include any innovations within Microsoft 365, including Azure and Exchange.
Championing cyber security initiatives within the Trust IT infrastructure, including Defender, ATP and server antivirus hreat protection products.
Leading in the use and configuration of patch management systems, such as Kace, WSUS or any other SCCM system the Trust uses to manage software\patch deployment to both servers and user devices.
Being responsible for the backup infrastructure ensuring that all systems are backed up regularly.
Being the escalation point for 1st and 2nd line technicians for troubleshooting and resolving incidents related to applications. Also responsible for deploying and making changes to key applications.Main duties of the job
The support specialist will implement and maintain applications and servers based in the Microsoft 365\Azure cloud environment and in the on-premises VMWare environments, based at EJC, CIR and at Trust sites.
The server support specialist will provide BAU support for both desktop and server applications in terms of third level technician support.
Liaising regarding technical issues with other teams within the department, within the trust and with third party customer organisations.
Support and maintain the on-premises VMWare and backup environments based at EJC, CIR and at Trust sites.
Work closely with 3rd party suppliers.About us
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCEEssential
- Educated Degree in IT, Information Systems, related subject, or substantial experience in a relevant role.
- Good general level of education to GCSE or equivalent, particularly in English and Mathematics
- Knowledge of customer service management methodologies (e.g. ITIL)
PROFESSIONAL / MANAGERIAL / SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Experience in a similar role, together with relevant experience in IT support, project tools and environments.
- Azure\Microsoft Active Directory Windows server configuration and management Configuring and troubleshooting email clients Thin client solutions Local/Wide area Network management Virtualisation Storage Area Networking Remote access diagnostic tools Powershell M365 Suites and applications
- Experience with managing and maintaining backup infrastructure
- Experience of managing, troubleshooting and deploying IT software
- Excellent keyboard and Microsoft Office skills
PERSONAL SKILLS ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTESEssential
- Cyber-security essentials, e.g. Defender, ATP
- Leadership skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Proven organisational and administrative skills
- Experience of Service Desk Support tools, such as incident/service request management.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate with staff in all disciplines and at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and telephone communication skills.
- Demonstrate a commitment to undertake further training and development as agreed with line manager.
- Self-motivated with the ability to motivate and empower others to achieve specific goals.
- Drive, passion and enthusiasm, with the ability to relate well with other members of the team.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Edward Jenner Court
1010 Pioneer Avenue
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.