An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Mental Health Social Worker Band 5 with development opportunity or Band 6 in the Cheltenham & Tewkesbury Recovery Team. This post is based in a multidisciplinary community Team and an ideal opportunity for a qualified Social Worker who wishes to start their career or expand their knowledge and skills in mental health including but not limited to application of Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, Human rights legislation and Mental Health Act. If you are an enthusiastic dynamic Social Worker with a keen interest in working with individuals within Secondary Mental Health Services implementing a personalised strengths-based approach this is the post for you.
Ability to undertake ASYE is available for newly qualified Social Workers if required. You will be supported and supervised by our Social care Specialists and GHC have an embedded supervision structure for both line management and clinical supervision.Main duties of the job
Please note that all candidates who declare themselves on their application form to be disabled and who meet the essential criteria for the post, will be shortlisted in accordance with the Trust's 'Two Ticks Pledge' on disability.
The Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy when sufficient applications have been received if this is before the closing date.About us
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Ability to undertake assessment of needs, make informed and evidence based eligibility decisions, risk assess and undertake support planning.
- A sound knowledge of current legislation framework in reference to The Care Act 2014 e.g. eligibility/MCA/Safeguarding
- Knowledge and understanding of the Mental Health Act & legal aspects of Mental Health care
- Experience of working with Adults with enduring mental health problems
- Evidence of Assessed and Supported Year in Employment
- Social Work qualification registered with the appropriate professional body.
- Approved Mental Health Professional
- Up to date clinical knowledge including risk assessment, dual diagnosis and health and social care needs
- Ability to work on social factors affecting mental distress e.g. accommodation, substance misuse, domestic violence, welfare rights
- Ability to travel around the locality as requested, independently and efficiently. (If you have a full driving licence there will be an expectation to drive trust vehicles where required)
- Support and supervise other staff.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered as a Social Worker with Social Work England
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Green Lane Business Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.