A unique opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, enthusiastic and driven individual.
You will participate in the delivery of high standards of care to patients and their families. In particular take responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating programmes of evidenced-based nursing care to a group of patients
You will work in a collaborative and supportive environment with members of the multidisciplinary team to provide and ensure patients have high standards of care and safety related to vascular access and participate in staff education relating to vascular access devices and co-ordination of the vascular access team to manage capacity against resource and clinical need.Main duties of the job
- Ensure that personal and professional skills are constantly updated and developed to improve patient care.
- To adhere to all service and Trust policies and procedures to achieve a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- To be safe and effective in the assessment, insertion, education and complication management of vascular access devices.
- Act as a mentor/buddy to learners/new staff ensuring that they are supported and assisted to achieve their objectives.
- To co-ordinate daily resources to meet demands and prioritise according to clinical need.
- Develop effective verbal and written communication skills, in order to inform, direct and prioritise the provision of patient care.
- Develop knowledge of how to manage untoward incidents, complaints and clinical risks. Be aware of Trust reporting mechanisms.
- Have appropriate access and use of Trust IT systems.
- To participate in team building and communication activities to ensure a cohesive Unit and to nurture positive working relationships.
The vascular access team is a small team of clinical experts of various grades ranging from registered nurses to health care support workers.
This is a friendly and professional working environment, the team are very proud of the high quality of care they provide across the whole trust.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
#caretojoinusPerson SpecificationRegstered nurseEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Experience in central venous access device care and management
- Evidence of CPD
- Experienced at cannulation and part of current practice
- Experienced at aseptic procedures
- IT skills including email & MS Office
Employer detailsEmployer name
- PICC insertion
- Venous ultrasound skills
- Mentorship/education qualification
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.