The DTC is predominately Day Case Surgery and Endoscopy, and also houses the Candover Suite for Private Patients and the Breast Screening unit. Whilst the DTC started off as predominately day surgery, it does have a short stay ward, however, the theatres are able to accommodate most procedures and if the patient needs a longer stay than we cater for then we transfer post-surgery to an appropriate in-patient ward. Within Endoscopy we have one room for interventional procedures such as ERCP, Spyglass procedures, EBUS to name a few. The unit sees over 15,000 patients per year from Local Anaesthetics to regional blocks to General Anaesthetics - who said Day Surgery was boring!Main duties of the job
The DTC offers a vast and varied nursing experience, including exposure to a general surgical ward and a bustling day case unit.
Your duties will include the delivery of the following services:
- High standards of Professional Practice to ensure quality and safety of patient care, experience and the patient journey
- Developing own clinical practice, knowledge, skills and experience.
- Acting as a good role model
- Supporting the team in ensuring that clinical services are delivered to a high quality of care and that all compliance requirements such as CQC and contractual requirements are achieved.
- To undertake the comprehensive assessment of patients using investigative and analytical skills where factors may be conflicting, requiring analysis and interpretation skills and the comparison of a range of options to achieve effective treatment or discharge planning check
To develop clinically reasoned treatment, action and discharge plans and to undertake and evaluate treatment.About us
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (HHFT) provides hospital services to around 570,000 people living in Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire, and specialist services to patients from all over the country. We deliver a full range of district hospital services in a variety of locations.
Four core values (CARE) Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Encourage. These are in place to support of four clear objectives, provide outstanding care of patients, empowering all members of staff, sustainable growth and innovating for the future. #AspiringToBeTheBestJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.Person SpecificationRegistrationEssential
- Must have NMC Registration
- Degree level education or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through any combination of alternative study, or employment experience
- Or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through any combination of alternative study, or employment experience
- Must be working towards NMC Registration
- Must have hospital based experience
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) clearly recorded for professional profile
- Completed clinical placements in a variety of areas
- Knowledge of the management of in-patients and outpatients including evidence based strategies.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of approaches to the management of patients utilising clinical reasoning.
- Multidisciplinary team working
- Understanding of Health Environment policies and legislation including Clinical, HR, E& D, Governance
- Adherence to current statutory requirements, standards and regulations
- Awareness of local and national agenda within the speciality
skills and abilityEssential
- Must have surgical ward/unit hospital based experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to demonstrate the required behaviour in keeping with the Trust values
- Ability to communicate written and verbal information in English, keeping legible and accurate notes
- Able to present information, written and orally in a clear and logical manner
- Good communication skills to communicate complex, sensitive or confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Understands the legal responsibilities of the profession.
- Show evidence of being self-motivated and motivate others
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
DTC BNHH HHFT
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.