We are looking to recruit 2 enthusiastic, motivated, dynamic nurse's who can demonstrate commitment to the provision of high-quality person-centred care.
You will be required to be exemplary role models, working collaboratively with senior members of the team, including the ward manager, matron and lead nurse.
We have 2 contracts on offer.
1 full time 08:00- 16:00 Mon-Friday 37.5 hours
1 part time 3 long days a week 34.5 hoursMain duties of the job
- To work as a registered nurse within the discharge lounge responsible to the Nurse coordinator /Senior sister caring for patients and their carer's.
- To provide high standards of care for patients as part of a multidisciplinary professional team.
- To be responsible and accountable for the assessment and planning care for designated patients
- To implement the appropriate care plan.
- To promote a safe clinical environment for all patients, their carer's, visitors and staff. To comply with the Trust's values and expected behaviours.
Why Work With Us
The Discharge lounge at Torbay Hospital are looking for highly motivated, innovative and experienced nurse to join our team.
Working on the unit is both exciting and challenging. We work closely with all acute adult inpatient wards, Assessment units and the emergency department.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Main duties of the job
To ensure high standards of care in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Gain an understanding of the physiological, psycho-social, spiritual and cultural needs of the patients and their families. To develop a positive, realistic and supportive attitude to patient and the family to ensure that their needs
- Document and evaluate care given and discuss progress, condition and treatment with colleagues, alerting the primary team leader / nurse in charge of the shift of the patients changing health care needs.
- Act as an advocate for staff, patients and relatives at all times.
- Using the information obtained from the assessment of the patient and from subsequent observations, identifies the patient's individual nursing care needs, and plan and implement care.
- Be aware of the side effects of any treatment in progress, and adopt a problem-solving approach to minimise the potentially adverse reactions.
- Develop knowledge about aetiology, diagnosis, treatment and be able to select, interpret and use the best available evidence and research in the care of patients.
- Develop the ability to contribute to the on-going development of nursing practice.
- To undertake intravenous drug administration, following successful completion of the Trust training and assessment, within six months of being in post.
- Be aware of all hospital policies and procedures and collaborate with other health care professionals to ensure that these are observed.
- Recognise patients changing condition and seek the appropriate support and advice from senior staff.
- Be involved in the direct delivery of skilled specialised nursing care with supervision until competent. E.g. wound dressings, removal of drains, and insertion of urinary catheters.
- Collaborate with the team leader in the planning of a patients discharge from hospital.
- Make appropriate referrals and collaborate with members of the inter-professional team in the care of patients and their carers.
- Set goals and plan care appropriately for the resolution of each of the identified nursing needs, and help the patient achieve these goals.
- Promote a safe clinical environment for all patients, visitors and staff. .
- Prioritise workload to ensure an effective service is maintained
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate Patient care and produce written care plans
- To ensure a cohesive working environment and effective team work in all assignments.
- To liaise with the multi-disciplinary team, co-ordinating patient care, communicating with relatives ensuring they have adequate information at all times.
- To liaise with other departments ensuring information regarding the patient is given appropriately.
- To be responsible for own personal and professional development, attending study days/courses as appropriate.
- To be aware of all Trust policies.
- On occasions take charge of an area in the absence of more senior staff.
- Verbal and written communications with the following personnel is on-going:
- Patients and Relatives
- Modern Matron / Senior Nurse Manager
- Ward Manager
- Medical Staff
- Relatives / Patients / Visitors
- Ward Clerk
- Practice Manager
- Medical Social Worker
- Occupational Therapist
- Hotel Services
- External agencies Peripheral Hospitals, General Practitioners, Social Workers, Joint equipment store
- Develop time-management skills and the ability to prioritise nursing care for a group of patients.
- Be rostered as part of the ward / departmental nursing establishment to care for patients over a 24-hour period. This will include working night and day shifts
- This post involves being part of a multi-disciplinary team, working with other RGNs, Assistant Practitioners, Healthcare assistants, students, housekeeper and ward clerk and all other learners.
- Develop the ability to work as a member of the inter-professional team delivering care to individuals.
Develop an awareness of self, the knowledge of the limits of own competence, the ability to seek advice and support to look after self effectively.
- Administer medicines as defined in the NMC Standards for Medicines Administration
(NMC 2010) and the Trusts Medicines Management Policy.
Document the process of care effectively according to the Record Guidance for Nurses and Midwives (NMC 2010) and the Trust policy
Person SpecificationQualifications and trainingEssential Desirable
- Budgetary Implications: No direct budgetary responsibility but to be aware of recourses available and cost implications.
- Assist with teaching patients and carers, this will include explanation and expansion about diagnosis preparation for investigations, treatment and discharge in accordance with the treatment plan recorded in the patients records.
- Vital Pac
- Cyber lab
- Nerve Centre
- Blood Matters
- Diploma/degree in Nursing or on a pathway
- Evidence of meeting PREP requirements
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
- Knowledge of clinical governance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Awareness of the NHS plan and current initiatives
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Discharge Lounge - TBH
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.