An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Operational and Performance Manager to work with the Group Management Team in Medicine at UHCW
The Operational and Performance Manager will be an integral part of the Group Management Team, supporting the Clinical Head of Service, Group Manager, Modern Matrons and specialty Clinical Leads in the development and provision of a comprehensive, high quality, patient-centred care service, by ensuring the efficient utilisation of available resource. Please be advised that interviews are proposed for week commencing 11th December.Main duties of the job
To support the Group Management Team in the development and provision of a comprehensive, high quality, patient centered care service within the resources available. The post has key functions:
Closing Date: Please be advised that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.About us
- Responsibility for the improvement and delivery of scheduling and utilisation targets related to both theatres and outpatients,
- Responsibility in delivering performance against financial and activity targets
- Supporting the development and delivery of services both operationally and strategically
- Organisational development and the management of risk within each service.
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our employees across our hospital sites, with high quality patient care at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a worldwide leader in healthcare.
We are proud to be recognised as a Pathway to Excellence designated organisation - please click the link for further details about this prestigious award. Pathway To Excellence - University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire (uhcw.nhs.uk)
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. There has never been a better time to join our team.
The Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience, and different perspectives available in our diverse society. We want everyone to feel they are respected, valued, can achieve their potential and receive the most appropriate and relevant care. We will create an environment where the equality and human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy are promoted and are part of the organisation's core values.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. Support to the Group Manager ensuring clear communication and robust implementation of policy, business objectives and agreed targets.
2. Provide support to the Group Director of Operations, Group Director of Nursing & AHPs and Clinical Director to ensure sound operational management of services and ensuring that services are continuously improved.
3. Support the group in the delivery of operational performance within the Medicine Group specialties to achieve delivery of national and local targets, the development and delivery of improvement plans.
4. In liaison with the Group Manager, Associate Group Manager and the Group Finance Manager agree and deliver against financial and activity profiles for relevant specialties, identify risks and implement and review risk reduction strategies.
5. Provide support in the implementation and review robust systems and processes so that specialty budgets are effectively managed and financial balance is achieved, within Trust budgetary rules, Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions.
6. Implement HR and governance strategies and policies within relevant services in order to achieve compliancy with Trust policies and procedures, best practice, relevant legislation and regulatory provisions.
7. Responsible for the improvement and delivery of targets by ensuring effective and efficient usage of Theatres, Treatment Rooms and day units.
8. To provide management of administrative staff ensuring robust processes are in place to schedule patients and utilize theatre lists and clinics fully meeting set Key Performance Indicators. In line with agreed performance metrics monitor, manage and hold team accountable to delivery of team scheduling targets.
9. Implement and review robust arrangements within relevant specialties to effectively deal with emergencies, in line with Trust policy, including elective and emergency admissions, major emergencies and mechanical failures.
10. To provide support and management to projects and key workstreams associated with Renal, Haematology and Oncology services delivery.11. Provide oversight of medical staffing rotas linking in with the Clinical and Operational management teams to ensure all key roles are covered.
12. Undertake project work when required as directed by the Group / Associate Group Manager.STRATEGIC AND SERVICE DEVELOPMENT
13. Work in collaboration with the Group Management team to deliver robust business plans for specialties/services. In conjunction with senior colleagues, identifying opportunities for new markets and schemes to generate additional income and/or reduce expenditure.
14. Proactively engage in interagency working to develop and implement strategies/services that cross traditional organisational boundaries, encouraging a seamless health system from a patient perspective.
15. In conjunction with the Group Management Team assume lead responsibility within relevant specialties for the development and improvement of patient care through identifying and responding to opportunities for change that will lead to improvements in quality or efficiency and assist in the development of clinical practice.
16. In conjunction with the Group Manager, Associate Group Manager and Group Finance Manager assume lead responsibility for reviewing income and expenditure within relevant specialties and the production and delivery of strategies to ensure the business viability of specialties.
1. In conjunction with the Group Management Team maintain an open, proactive and collaborative culture within relevant specialties supported by effective two-way communication systems and processes that promote the achievements and activities of the relevant specialties and maintains clinical standards.
2. In conjunction with the HR Manager ensure that robust systems are established for the appraisal and continual development of all staff within relevant specialties, in line with the Knowledge and Skills Framework, promoting the effective use of skills and flexibility through professional and personal development.
3. Work with the Human Resources Manager to effectively and sensitively manage organisational change and employee relations issues within relevant specialties.
1. Support the Group Management team to develop, implement and review robust systems to effectively manage risks, including ensuring that risk registers are populated and utilised at specialty levels, in order to manage risk.
2. Manage the implementation within relevant specialties of, the provisions of the Trusts health and safety policy and all other policies, procedures and safety rules For further details of the job role please see attached job description. Person SpecificationQualification/TrainingEssential ExperienceEssential Desirable KnowledgeEssential Desirable Skills and AbilitiesEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS TrustAddress
UHCW NHS Trust
Clifford Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.