Ealing Neurological Rehabilitation Team - Band 6 Physiotherapist
Are you an innovative, organised, enthusiastic and motivated physiotherapist with a strong interest in neurology? Would you like to work in a friendly and supportive environment with a focus on CPD and further learning? We have exciting opportunities for a Band 6 physiotherapist to join our specialist multidisciplinary community neuro rehabilitation service.
Please note interviews will be face to face at Clayponds Hospital.Main duties of the job
The team provides a stroke pathway for clients recently discharged from stroke units and also a long term neurological conditions pathway for either progressive or acquired neurological conditions.
This is an opportunity to develop your physiotherapy practice and deliver evidence based assessment and rehabilitation with a focus on complex caseload management, liaison.
The successful candidate will provide evidence-based, client goal focused rehabilitation appropriate to the various specialist areas. We are looking for a highly motivated team worker with excellent communication skills.
You will need to have postgraduate experience, including substantial experience working in neurology, rehabilitation and experience or an interest in the community setting.About us
We are a small, friendly team based across Ealing borough, we support staff to be autonomous and will support you in developing your clinical, supervisory and management skills.
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To provide an evidence-based assessment, treatment and advisory service to clients with neurological conditions both progressive and acquired such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Parkinsons disease, MS, spinal cord pathologies, MND.
- To work flexibly with all other members of the ENABLE team to provide an integrated rehabilitation service to clients in accordance with the philosophy and operational policies of the team
- To see clients in community outpatient clinics or other settings such as their own homes, or leisure facilities
- To manage a varied caseload comprising clients with a range of neurological diagnosis causing neurological impairments that often include musculoskeletal, orthopaedic, cognitive and communication impairments as well.
- To prevent hospital admission and facilitate discharge from, for example, local HASUs discharging early supported discharge patients following stroke
- To participate in departmental continuous professional development, education and training, audit and research projects.
- To manage a complex caseload using evidence-based clinical reasoning, critical thinking, reflection and analysis
- To use a client centred, goal-orientated rehabilitation approach.
- To participate in departmental clinical supervision that is responsive and personalised e.g. can take the form of formal training, clinical reasoning, peer review, case reviews and reflective practise.
- Degree Physiotherapy
- State registration with HCPC
- Relevant Post Registration courses or in-house training
- Membership and/or involvement in National special interest group
- Previous experience of working in the UK health service
- Significant post -registration working as band 5 or band 6 or equivalent in experience
- Community work experience
- Previous experience of working with students or supervising students
- Management experience of departmental duties
- Participated in some form of evidence based practice e.g. research, audit
- Demonstrate ability to use Computers including: internet, word, power point and excel
- Problem solving skills
- Able to direct own study programme. Good time management skills
- Active Involvement in CPD, appraisal schemes and supervision
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding the principles of multi-disciplinary teamwork
- Demonstrates an understanding of holistic rehabilitation of clients with complex needs and disability
- Has an understanding of the political and economic situation in relation to health and social care.
- An understanding of disability frameworks
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Clayponds Avenue, Ealing
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.