Highly Specialist Practitioner Psychologist in Paediatric Sleep (Band 8a) Fixed term - 12 months.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified practitioner psychologist with a strong interest in sleep with previous experience in either CAMHS Paediatric Psychology or adult sleep services to gain further experience in a tertiary level multidisciplinary paediatric sleep service.
For more information on the service, please see our website Sleep medicine services | Evelina London. Please contact us t find out more about the team and the psychology pathways.
This post will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of stepwise psychology/ non-medical pathways for children and young people with sleep disorders and behavioural sleep problems who may also have mental health issues related to their sleep. A large proportion of the children and young people who attend the service also have neurodevelopmental disorders, such as Autism Spectrum Disorders and ADHD.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for the supervision and line management of an assistant psychologist and B7 qualified psychologist. The service, in the past has been provided popular placements for the local Doctorate in Clinical Psychology training courses and our undergraduate placement programme. The post will be supported by the Evelina Neurosciences Consultant Clinical Psychologist at the Evelina London and the Lead Practitioner Psychologists within Neurosciences..
The post holder will join an enthusiastic and skilled team of psychologists in specialist areas of neurosciences and throughout the wider Evelina London and GSTT NHS Trust.
While we hope to appointment to this post on a full-time basis, we recognise that flexibility and work-life balance are a key component in recruiting the best quality staff for this population. We are therefore open to applications on a part-time or job share basis. If you are applying on less than a full-time basis, please state this, along with your ideal number of hours in your supporting statement. If you are applying as an already established job share, please note that all job share applicants must make individual applications, be shortlisted and interviewed individually.
As part of our commitment to flexible working, some of the working week may be done from home, however, as this postholder will have significant responsibilities in supporting other more junior roles, the majority of the time will be onsite.About us
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust comprises five of the UK's best known hospitals - Guy's, St Thomas', Evelina London Children's Hospital, Royal Brompton and Harefield - as well as community services in Lambeth and Southwark
We are among the UK's busiest, most successful foundation trusts. We provide specialist care for patients including heart and lung, cancer and renal services as well as a full range of local hospital and community services for people in Lambeth and Southwark.
Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals joined Guy's and St Thomas' in February 2021 and is the largest specialist heart and lung centre in the UK and among the largest in Europe. Weprovide treatment for people with heart and lung disease, including rare and complex conditions, offering some of the most sophisticated treatment that is available anywhere in the world.
We are working in partnership with King's Health Partners, to deliver our vision of creating a new centre of excellence, which will be the global leader in the research into and treatment of heart and lung disease, in patients from pre-birth to old age.
We have around 22,700 staff, making us one of the largest NHS Trusts in the country and one of the biggest employers locally. We aim to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and continue to develop new and existing partnerships with local people, patients, neighbouring NHS organisations, local authorities and charitable bodies and GPs.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached JD and Person Specification for full information on this post.
We would strongly encouraged interested candidates to contact the service for informal discussion before making an application.Person SpecificationKnowledge/QualificationsEssential
- Doctorate level qualification in clinical psychology, educational, counselling psychology or health psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996) as accredited by the BPS)
- HCPC Registration as Practitioner Psychologist
- Experience delivering highly skilled psychological assessments, interventions, follow-up and data monitoring across at least 2 populations utilising at least 2 therapeutic models including CBT.
- Experience of the application of psychology in different cultural contexts.
- Experience of supervising pre-qualified psychologists including post-graduate students and other disciplines.
- Expertise working with a wide variety of client groups, and across the full range of clinical severity.
- Experience of using evidence based psychological interventions for the assessment and treatment of a wide variety of psychological problems,
- Experience of providing both group based and individual interventions using evidence based psychological approaches
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of patients with sleep disorders and a range of psychological needs of a complex nature
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work as an autonomous practitioner with appropriate level of clinical and managerial supervision.
- Ability to assess and monitor risk and draw up appropriate risk management plans.
- Knowledge of psychological interventions, application and supervision of others particularly CBT and behaviour management. As applied to sleep disorders
- Ability to communicate at both a written and oral level, imparting complex, highly technical and clinically sensitive information to patients, their families, and carers and a wide range of lay and professional people within and outside the NHS
- Knowledge of legislation and its implications for both clinical practice and professional management in relation to the client group
- A commitment to promoting equality of opportunity through all aspects of working and professional practice with both colleagues and all client groups.
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Westminster Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.